[UPDATED] Ok, I collected it..but what is it?[now with pics]

stevet1":3c4b6593 said:
Goldtec hubs?

I thought that too, try emailing them, I have in the past and they were very helpful.

The plot thickens.

I still think there is a lot of RM about the frame, but I'm sure their conventional alloy frames didn't have wishbone rears did they?

Love the hubs though, they look a little Hope'ish.....I guess they're not but they look cool.

indeed, and perfect for my black & gold pace...I too thought they looked hope-like and I shall compare them to a set of hopes when I return this evening.

As for the frame I am still none the clearer. it seems very light, the welds are chunky and it doesnt look the neatest weld effort in the world.

I was really hoping that the BT in the frame number would stir some memmories.

Ive sent a mail message to goldtec, a friend and old school mtber here at work also said "goldtec" as soon as he saw the pictures so I think that is probably the hub question answered.

They are laced to Ambrosio Competition CX22 rims...the only info I can find on the Rims is that they were released in 1996 according to the mombat website.

Cleaned up they should be perfect for my black & gold Pace RC200.

Frame wise...still no further, I trawled the 94/95 ish rocky brochures in the gallery to no avail.

I'll do a run down of the entire component spec when I get home so people could possibly try to at least date the frame.

The frame is clearly not a "brand" model but either a cheap alloy unbranded job, many small stores sourced such frames to sell for £50 to £100, or a frame made by someone with basic knowledge for someone.

The welds and geometry remind me of cheap unbranded alloy frames of the 90's. later, for slightly more money frames similar to late 90's early 2000 alloy Marin were also available, an old Taiwan bicycle source book from the likes of Taiwan Bicycle Group may give some pointers. Many shops and privateers source frames and components from these guys.

sastusbulbas":30nnwltt said:
The frame is clearly not a "brand" model but either a cheap alloy unbranded job, many small stores sourced such frames to sell for £50 to £100, or a frame made by someone with basic knowledge for someone.

The welds and geometry remind me of cheap unbranded alloy frames of the 90's. later, for slightly more money frames similar to late 90's early 2000 alloy Marin were also available, an old Taiwan bicycle source book from the likes of Taiwan Bicycle Group may give some pointers. Many shops and privateers source frames and components from these guys.

I think you may be right, the welds are certainly not a thing of beauty,

MERLIN MALT 3 is my guess. I remember them from the mid/late 90's by the distinctive feature of the wishbone joining the seat tube slightly above the top tube. Had a quick google but didnt see one. Merlin dont seem to do that model anymore......

Can anyone find a pic of the malt 3?

Back