UPDATE (Page 3) 1994 Ink Blue Zaskar LE

Re: 1994 Ink Blue Zaskar LE- (Take two!)

Looking good, another one coming along nicely...

Can't wait to see the finished build.

Re:

Cheers chap.

Just need to get the spokes ordered and the wheels loosely laced, then off to the LBS to have them tensioned & trued.

Re: 1994 Ink Blue Zaskar LE- (Take two!)

Really interesting build, and I love the ink blue colour. Have you been able to find out any more about the colour option? Was it original?

Anyway, nice to see a Zaskar that's not a standard (and still lovely) Shimano and Judy build!

Re:

The colour is a bit of a mystery.

The frame is dated October 93, so most probably a 94 model year frame. That year the listed colours were aqua blue, purple or ball burnished. Ink blue wasn't an option until 95.

That means this one should be a year too early for the colour? It certainly looks to be original but it is a colder blue than the 95 & 96 frames I've seen. It's a noticeably different shade which makes me think it may have been in an early (maybe the first) batch finished in this colour and they tweaked the colour on the later batches.

There's nothing stamped on the frame to suggest its a test frame or blemished. (Apparently they stamped frames where the anodising hadn't worked as planned with BLEM) so I have to assume it's not a 'special'.

I've asked GM, and other than the advice about the blemished frames he wasn't able to shed any light on it.

Whatever the answer may be; I really like the colour, so I'm happy regardless. :D

Re:

Well...........

rXntaANl.jpg

That's another one ready for Mayhem this year. :D

SryeN1hl.jpg

Re:

EDIT: Updated 20th Feb 2018

Frame: October 1993 18" GT Zaskar LE, anodised Ink Blue

Fork: GT Bologna Lite

Headset: Tange A-Head
Stem: Tioga Avenger
Handlebar: Syncros
Grips: Unknown period grips
Barends: None

Brakes: Suntour XC Pro
Brake Pads: Suntour
Brake Cables: Dia-Compe
Cantilever cable hangers: Front- XC Pro Power Hanger. Rear- Suntour
Brake Levers: Suntour XC Pro

Shifters: Suntour XC Pro
Front Derailleur: Suntour XC Pro
Rear Derailleur: Suntour XC pro
Derailleur Cables: Suntour Acushift
Cassette: Suntour XC Pro 7 Speed
Chain: Taya
Cranks: Suntour XC Comp
Crank Bolts: Suntour Gease Guard
Chainrings: Suntour XC Comp
Chainring bolts: Unknown
Bottom Bracket: Suntour Grease Guard
Pedals: MKS Clipless

Hub Skewers: Suntour XC Pro
Rims: Mavic 231
Hubs: Suntour XC Pro
Nipples: Front DT Swiss, rear Sapin
Spokes: Front DT Swiss Competition, rear Sapin
Tyres: Front Original 2.1 Panaracer Smoke Dart, rear 2.1 Panaracer Smoke Classic
Tubes: Continental

Saddle: Vetta Tri-Shock
Seatpost: USE
Seatpost Binder: GT

Weight: ?

Re:

I've been out for a bit of a spin on her today & other than some fettling to the gears everything works as it should. The Suntour cassettes aren't as forgiving of poor adjustment as Shimano- but I'll get there. :D

Latest posts

Back