University Co-op Bike

LilDoodle

Dirt Disciple
I picked this glamour up last week with a handful of things needed to make it a rideable warrior.

The story is that a Co-op bike shop at one of the local universities takes in donated or cheap bikes and makes 'em rideable again. Then sells them crazy cheap so that uni students have some wheels to get around.

I bought it off one of those students, now an employed graduate for $50aussie. So... 20quid in your money.

He says he thinks its a "Centurion Ironman" from around the early 80s. I'm not fussed cos I just reckon its cool. Awesome lugged frame, my size and a good little addition to the shed of cool things I own.

Attachments

• 20230819_160254.jpg
    20230819_160254.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230820_163405.jpg
    20230820_163405.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 31
  • images (7).jpeg
    images (7).jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 32
I reckon I know you!

Assuming the fork is original, it might be more likely early 90s. More common to see a lugged fork in the 80s than one with a unicrown.

Bargain for $50.

I reckon I know you!

Assuming the fork is original, it might be more likely early 90s. More common to see a lugged fork in the 80s than one with a unicrown.

Bargain for $50.
Most of the bits are not original Id say. The nature of being pulled apart and then put together again by uni students, for uni students. But your observation of the forks might help narrow it down. I'll look more into some of the early 90s models to see if there is a closer matching model with same forks.

I don't have many friends, but I know alot of people. A trait of being an extrovert who is also a dckhead. Where are you at? Im in Mt Cotton on Southside of Brisbane.

I don't have many friends, but I know alot of people. A trait of being an extrovert who is also a dckhead. Where are you at? Im in Mt Cotton on Southside of Brisbane.

I actually thought I knew you from another forum, but if you don't know me you're not the same person!

Last edited:
Just had a bit of a google and found:

My SN is F1082405

So F= Manufacturer "Fairly" who made some Centurion and Diamondback frames in the '80s according to that site.
Next digit is 1= 1st year of the decade it was made.

So with only those two things... potentially '81, suggesting the forks are not o.g.

Edit: assuming its even a centurion...

Back