Un-rebuilt, un-restored 1991 bike

Thats a beauty I really love these early saracens thin rear stays almost like a road bike probably a nice forgiving ride ..thanks for sharing :D

Rust

feetabix":3dc4c30h said:
blimey, dont apologise for that!.....a bit of 'patina' personalises a bike, i like it although i too am struggling to see 20 years of rust on it!!.... :LOL:

Thanks for the kind comments. Anyone have any pink touch-up paint?

Paul.

Attachments

• bike 006r.jpg
    bike 006r.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,683
  • bike 008r.jpg
    bike 008r.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,683
Great frame and lovely black groupset! I think it is a kiliflyer from 1990 - a friend bought one in 91 as a frameset only as Saracen were shifting prestige kiliflyers from the previous year. I did a race on it and loved it - fast and comfy, run with project twos which would be pretty close to your accutrax setup.

Project Twos

haberdashery":qctxcvio said:
Great frame and lovely black groupset! I think it is a kiliflyer from 1990 - a friend bought one in 91 as a frameset only as Saracen were shifting prestige kiliflyers from the previous year. I did a race on it and loved it - fast and comfy, run with project twos which would be pretty close to your accutrax setup.

Thanks for the feedback. I think Project Twos are more elegant, particularly with a slim steel frame. I was pretty ignorant when I built this bike and the forks were what my local shop had available at the time. They have done a good job all these years but I fitted Project Twos on my next rigid frame bike.

Paul.

Back