tushingham b52

I guess there was a job lot of Taiwan-sourced bikes hanging around from the Tushingham sailing company. Was this one 'hand-assembled' by Lester?

groovyblueshed":27xdx6gm said:
I guess there was a job lot of Taiwan-sourced bikes hanging around from the Tushingham sailing company. Was this one 'hand-assembled' by Lester?

Hardly, and No.

Sorry, I was just jesting. I do get the historical connection and significance of the Tushingham, however, for me, I just can't get excited about the bike itself.

groovyblueshed":21gkx596 said:
Sorry, I was just jesting. I do get the historical connection and significance of the Tushingham, however, for me, I just can't get excited about the bike itself.

Keep your eyes peeled for a Tushingham "works replica", like the all initial handbuilt Oranges, it was built by TWG.

If the Early Far east Produced Tushinghams/Oranges Don't seduce you, im sure that will.

sinnerman":1wnv3qpz said:
groovyblueshed":1wnv3qpz said:

Keep your eyes peeled for a Tushingham "works replica", like the all initial handbuilt Oranges, it was built by TWG.

If the Early Far east Produced Tushinghams/Oranges Don't seduce you, im sure that will.

Would the "works replica" look like the one in Orange's factory collection and does this frame predate the B52 selling on Ebay?

Attachments

• tushingham Orange collection.jpg
    tushingham Orange collection.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 2,052
groovyblueshed":1qrl1n8h said:
sinnerman":1qrl1n8h said:
groovyblueshed":1qrl1n8h said:

Would the "works replica" look like the one in Orange's factory collection and does this frame predate the B52 selling on Ebay?

The bike in the pic is a B52. It does bear the X-brace and the fork of a TWG build, like the B52 pictured. But differs in frame design to the Works Replica. Have a look at the Tushingham thread below, there is a full spec sheet there and a Photo from the catalogue that Rodger provided.

I know in Certain Quarters there is a handsome Ransom Offered for certain British steel bikes, a Dave Lloyd E-stay, a 90 Overburys E-stay as ridden by Les Lloyd, and of course a Tushingham "Works Replica".

Thanks, will enjoy having a look at that. Btw, have been digging your link to 'Sympathy for the Devil'. Ended up digging out their back catalogue plus some Doors and Creedence Clearwater Revival stuff for a good old blast.

sinnerman":1i1vbctg said:
groovyblueshed":1i1vbctg said:
Thanks, will enjoy having a look at that. Btw, have been digging your link to 'Sympathy for the Devil'. Ended up digging out their back catalogue plus some Doors and Creedence Clearwater Revival stuff for a good old blast.

Class mate, ALL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvwQmxLaknc

That's the one. Quality. I've crates and crates of this and more obscure stuff that I'm steadily ripping from vinyl to iTunes. Have bought WireTap Studio to record the rarer stuff that's somehow found its way to YouTube – there's just not enough hours to enjoy doing it though.

a Dave Lloyd E-stay

Oh Carl... look what you've gone a done - a new unicorn at Ringo Towers! Any pics of the mythical beast? :D

Oh, and god bless John Fogarty. Great track. Different album, I know - but Green River is close to perfection...

Back