Tushingham B52 question

Tr1gger

Retro Newbie
*Posting again as it seems I got the wrong section of the forum before!*

Hi everyone, this is my *first* post as I recently bought a 1988 Tushingham B52 and discovered the forum. I had originally had one when I was a teenager as my cousin knew someone at Orange who she bought it off and then it was handed down to me as a Christmas present. I was still riding it when I was 21 years old and then I moved to London and my parents lost it somewhere in between house moves. Yes I’m re-buying my childhood and I’m doing a full nuts and bolts restoration. Hoping to bring it to the Malverns Classics in August….

Two questions for those who’ve restored Tushinghams:
1. Where have you sourced decals from?
2. Any info on replacing the bottom bracket with a modern one?

Attachments

• 91B8036F-EB50-4AB7-BD52-3C5D1DFE763A.jpeg
    91B8036F-EB50-4AB7-BD52-3C5D1DFE763A.jpeg
    721.3 KB · Views: 32
No reason you can't replace the BB with a new square taper one mate and Gil_M will probably have the decals on file. Nice project btw!

Yes, nice bike and good project.
In case you've not seen it yet, there's a long Tushingham thread here which might have some useful / interesting info -

*Posting again as it seems I got the wrong section of the forum before!*

Hi everyone, this is my *first* post as I recently bought a 1988 Tushingham B52 and discovered the forum. I had originally had one when I was a teenager as my cousin knew someone at Orange who she bought it off and then it was handed down to me as a Christmas present. I was still riding it when I was 21 years old and then I moved to London and my parents lost it somewhere in between house moves. Yes I’m re-buying my childhood and I’m doing a full nuts and bolts restoration. Hoping to bring it to the Malverns Classics in August….

Two questions for those who’ve restored Tushinghams:
1. Where have you sourced decals from?
2. Any info on replacing the bottom bracket with a modern one?
Welcome to the forum/Rabbit hole....

As I've been tagged in one of your posts, it would be rude not to answer.

I was toying with idea of bidding on that one and restoring it as on of the first Orange MTB as these were originally rebranded Tushinghams.

The decals I used on my Tushinghams were recreated from the originals that I removed from one of my frames by Steve at H Lloyd, located here.

Hth
Andy T

Welcome to the forum/Rabbit hole....

As I've been tagged in one of your posts, it would be rude not to answer.

I was toying with idea of bidding on that one and restoring it as on of the first Orange MTB as these were originally rebranded Tushinghams.

The decals I used on my Tushinghams were recreated from the originals that I removed from one of my frames by Steve at H Lloyd, located here.

Hth
Andy T
Thanks Andy. I’ll send them a message and see if they can help.

Glad you didn’t bid on it. Really pleased to have it.

I stripped it down at the weekend so it’s just a frame at the moment. Planning to send it off to be powder coated next (I know they were originally painted but I want it to survive being ridden again). The decals are the only thing I’m struggling to find so fingers crossed….

Attachments

• 414FCC35-4C27-4DCA-8141-B93F83957056.jpeg
    414FCC35-4C27-4DCA-8141-B93F83957056.jpeg
    605.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 3A66A5D6-6E3E-444C-B3E4-4019BA314D33.jpeg
    3A66A5D6-6E3E-444C-B3E4-4019BA314D33.jpeg
    468.1 KB · Views: 11
Back