tushingham b52

TheGreenRabbit":32huin5k said:
how about changing the word ginger to one reflecting some ones skin colour ?

Ok then, Tushingham is the slightly pasty, freckled and easily sunburnt white skinned step child.

I'm a redhead and know exactly what that phrase means and chose it purely because the ginger mention sits nicely with the fact that the 'proper' family members are called Orange

I would say grow a thicker skin, but being a ginge I realise that's a hard ask, so just put on more sunscreen and a long sleeved t-shirt

TheGreenRabbit":1iklb70f said:
Sorry this is off topic

pete_mcc":1iklb70f said:
Tushingham is the ginger step-child.

I appreciate it was said in jest, but as a ginger step child, I hope you mean you find it absolutely fantastic, if you mean it in a derogatory statement I will let you decide if that's really OK, but how about changing the word ginger to one reflecting some ones skin colour ?

Ginger and proud !

My wife is Welsh, ginger, stroppy and very proud of it too – she's a feisty tiger – she's Grrrrrreat!

I guess the value is simply in it being a pre-Orange Orange and the fact that not many turn up. To an Orange collector it's deffo of interest and it only takes two people with deep pockets for the price to go daft.

If I was to do a list of retro bikes I can't believe people pay X for I'd be here all day.

groovyblueshed":3nhw9vs4 said:
My apologies, but I can't help thinking what the fuss is all about over the Tushingham. May be possibly historically interesting, but hardly iconic. Awful graphics and overall appearance of what was a generic mass produced bike sourced from Taiwan make it look like a lame old donkey. It's only significant because of Lester Noble's name, who at the time was catching on to the new mountain biking trend after the fashionable Muddy Foxes. It's when Lester met Steve Wade and formed Orange that things got really noteworthy.

Some of this statement I find confusing. :?

Without Rodger Tushingham and this Connection, Would Orange have ever been....? It all had to start somewhere....

Can I ask how this mass produced bike sourced from Taiwan differs from the first Taiwanese mass produced orange.., if you look close they are all but the same.

Attachments

• Mass produced Orange.jpg
    Mass produced Orange.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 2,077
pete_mcc":wl2lvis3 said:
I'm with you on this. Beautiful, no. Quality, no. Iconic, no. Historic, not really. Related to bikes that are all (or most, or some ) of these things, yes vaguely.

It's a bit like the Minogues; sure Dannii is related to Kylie and they are both singers, but it doesn't stop Dannii being a bit shit, less desirable, not as pretty and instantly forgettable in comparison.

Tushingham is the ginger step-child.

.................Brakes screech on........,

Pete, I get the analogy....but Dannii is Nice...., little bit more to grab onto.....so to speak....pmsl.

When the seller first posted the bike on the site, what was interesting to me was it was tig welded and not lugged.

Cant imagine you will see many late tig examples.

Fwiw, I this its Worth £200 without doubt.

sinnerman":3353yy4m said:
Without Rodger Tushingham and this Connection, Would Orange have ever been....? It all had to start somewhere.....

What I was trying to say but put in to better words. Anyone interested in early Orange should be interested in this simply because it's where it all started. Rarer then any Orange this side of the Formula or mk1 Vit T as well.

I'd much prefer one of these to say a C16 or P7.

brocklanders023":2e9bvmpu said:
sinnerman":2e9bvmpu said:
Without Rodger Tushingham and this Connection, Would Orange have ever been....? It all had to start somewhere.....

What I was trying to say but put in to better words. Anyone interested in early Orange should be interested in this simply because it's where it all started. Rarer then any Orange this side of the Formula or mk1 Vit T as well.

I'd much prefer one of these to say a C16 or P7.

I know mate, was agreeing with you, but I guess im not known for my tact.

Latest posts

Back