Tushingham B52 17.5"

sinnerman":1b08wkh1 said:
Whiteyak1":1b08wkh1 said:
Huge apologies to watchers and bidders on ebay. I woke up this morning and they had de-listed it as 'it was a breach of their terms and conditions re PayPal' Basically I said I abhor PayPal as they do nothing for their money. I have since removed said comments. Anyone on this forum who was watching or bidding please get in touch re payment enquiries. It is not my intention to be forced into using PayPal by Ebay.

Last I looked it was at £195. :shock: I would have used paypal gift or something. it was going up in price from what I could see, Paypal fees would have been minimal in comparison to your end profit possibly.

Good points and pp may not justify 5% but they do offer buyer protection and the ability for sellers to accept credit or debit cards and this does attract more bidders whoossibly don't have the full amount of cash to hand.

Carl

drcarlos":26rb7p8e said:
sinnerman":26rb7p8e said:
Whiteyak1":26rb7p8e said:
Huge apologies to watchers and bidders on ebay. I woke up this morning and they had de-listed it as 'it was a breach of their terms and conditions re PayPal' Basically I said I abhor PayPal as they do nothing for their money. I have since removed said comments. Anyone on this forum who was watching or bidding please get in touch re payment enquiries. It is not my intention to be forced into using PayPal by Ebay.

Last I looked it was at £195. :shock: I would have used paypal gift or something. it was going up in price from what I could see, Paypal fees would have been minimal in comparison to your end profit possibly.

Good points and pp may not justify 5% but they do offer buyer protection and the ability for sellers to accept credit or debit cards and this does attract more bidders whoossibly don't have the full amount of cash to hand.

Carl

Agreed and it was £195 with about 8 days still to go. Id relist it, I really would. :cool:

I'm a bit late to the party with this one :oops:

Looks like it's been relisted already mate...

I have already re-listed guys with the 'disparaging' comments re PayPal removed..............even if they were true. It isn't really the fees that annoy me re PayPal. It's the fact that the one time I needed help with a stray payment when I finally got to speak to someone they were unhelpful to the point of being rude, and their attitude was something like 'you sort it yourself'. I appreciate the security issue and I still have a PayPal account but I try my utmost NOT to use them based on this.

For those who were following this bike on ebay, the second time around, I am sorry if my ending the sale was a disappointment to you but you'll have gathered from the tone of my comments on this forum that I was extremely unhappy at ebay for removing the initial auction, and I don't think it really recovered from this as two of the original bidders did not return second time around. Hence I decided the bike was no longer for sale. As it was I had/have a £300 offer from a keen cyclist who friend who unfortunately broke his arm in a road cycling crash last Tuesday week. I think with a Scott carbon frame worth more than £3k now in bits and an arm in full plaster he has lost his initial enthusiasm for the project. The bike is not for sale, is still in my possession, and is safely under lock and key in my heated (but crowded) garage until I decide what to do with it, but for the meantime it stays where it is and I offer my apologies once more to those who were following it on ebay.

Re: Tushingham B52

In case anyone is still remotely interested and wondering what became of this little bike. I had an attack of conscience as it was originally purchased as a runaround for my daughter at Uni. I felt guilty not letting her have it (not too guilty mind you) and gave her it to use for summer, under the instruction that as long as she doesn't use it as a hack and it ends up getting nicked, she could really do what she wants with it. She has used it locally a fair few times but has decided to sell as she doesn't really see what the fuss is about and prefers her Giant Yukon but is now after a downhill bike and wants to use Tush to help buy a Genesis or a Cube or similar. It is on ebay. I told her it was probably worth about £300 as that was an estimate given earlier. Condition is the same as before really.

Back