Tubeless tyres..dealing with a puncture advice please

I think they just happen to us all at some point in time. I had exactly the same as you on Sunday. Small flint cut into the shoulder of the rear tyre and despite rolling, leaving and pumping it back up, in the end I popped a tube in and found there was no sealant left in the tyre!

Either I didn't put enough in when I fitted the tyres (about 1.5 scoops of Stans for a 2.1 High Roller), or it just couldn't seal the small cut, or maybe I got more than one.

I don't have any of those worms, so I'm going to glue a rubber patch to the inside of the tyre, reckoning that the tear is small enough to not allow the patch to bulge through.

Ive got a Panaracer tubeless repair kit, Weldtite naturally do one and the worms are available from all good bike and car stores and ebay!

Re:

Thanks for the info...

...I have a theory that I am just too heavy for a tubeless set up with some tyres. I have put tubes into the tyres that have had half a dozen flats and 7 rides later no flats! Going to stick with this set up for now as it works and I am fed up with tubeless for now! (Tubeless worked with my bonty mudx tyres no probs)

Back