Transporting children

mine is very similar to the burly, but £170 is cheap, so i would go for it, i found out that mine doesnt clamp onto my m800 stays, as there not round, but trailers are great, good for shopping too, just dont leave the flag on, mine got stolen outside tesco's :( i had to make one ;)

Heh heh - made your own flag ?!!?? Hope you've gone for a proper Skull and Crossbones ?!!??

As for non-straight stays - the latest Bee has a hanger which you simply pop your QR through. They've done away with the plastic triangle which had to fit perfectly between your stays.

zed":3cu9n76j said:
oh im sorry for being irresponsible,what crap, ive ridden bikes all my life, i dont drive, so this is the only way i can transport my kids, i wouldnt go off road till there were over 2 , and i dont do north shore type riding :x just gentle single tracks, as for roads, i go on all the nice roads never main ones, so sorry for being so irresponsible, im such a bad parent, CRAP :x

Sorry M8 but seen all too often what can happen and remember you have choice, a child doesn't when young. No ones accusing anyone of being a bad parent, just sound advice thats all, ask anyone in your local A&E U'll get the same response.

far due's mate im mr grumpy today :? but its all about using are brains, and staying away as much as possible from the traffic, my off road route isnt that bumpy, and i stop alot, as its hard work pulling those things, :D

paul

Most trailers min age is between 9-12 months old (once they can sit up), my son went in a little earlier but only on the soft stuff
CentreParcs-Mar08-122.jpg

Get the best you can afford with a decent roll cage.

I just don't think trailers (or child seats for that matter) are safe. :? It's not about how careful you are, it's about how reckless others can be. The thought of a kid in a trailer that low down in traffic sends a chill down my spine if I'm honest and seeing some poor nipper sitting in traffic at exhaust height make me question the sense of them too.

I have no alternative suggestion other than just don't do it, but that's my thoughts. :?

cherrybomb":cd2es7a3 said:
I just don't think trailers (or child seats for that matter) are safe. :? It's not about how careful you are, it's about how reckless others can be. The thought of a kid in a trailer that low down in traffic sends a chill down my spine if I'm honest and seeing some poor nipper sitting in traffic at exhaust height make me question the sense of them too.

I have no alternative suggestion other than just don't do it, but that's my thoughts. :?

Never used mine on the road, but on the trails or along the canal you cannot beat it :cool:

Back