Toxik Harald's Annual Cruiser Ride and Bike Show 2014

Re:

Bummer about the foul weather, though it is BC afterall!

Any chance of posting more pictures?

Re:

hang on to your shorts. :LOL:
i was busy last night. might get some free time tonight.
will be coming soon. besides it's just a bunch of old brodies. :roll:
and a toad or two tossed in for good measure. think there was a ritchey too.
while you're waiting try and guess which model brodie was most prevalent at the show.

Re: Re:

Retro_Roy":31pdjeuw said:
while you're waiting try and guess which model brodie was most prevalent at the show.

I think you're going to surprise us and say that the Romax's outnumbered the other models.....

Re: Re:

raidan73":634mzvg8 said:
Retro_Roy":634mzvg8 said:

I think you're going to surprise us and say that the Romax's outnumbered the other models.....

i think the proper term should be, 'romaxi'? ;o)

i will put in my 2 cents and say that despite the weather, the show was an awesomely pleasant success. i was thoroughly soaked by the time i left, but somewhat oblivious due to the great selection of bikes and bits that were shown and the gang of vrc cronies that brought them. due to my limits as far as camera angles went, i didn't take any shots in hopes that the few that were there with cameras would cover the recording of the turnout for posterity and those who couldn't make it.

hats off and three cheers to retroroy, who, for the last three years, has made the vintage mtn bike shows the great success that they have been. with all the time and effort roy put in to help harald set up the cruiser national, he ensured that it would be as good as it has been, with each year better than the previous. we've set the bar pretty high, but we exceed it every year. great to see new faces, as well, as word and reputation of the show expand. one day, it might even reach 'festival' status', eh? vancouver just seems to be a natural place to have a vrc following grow, with all the innovative builders and companies that originated here and the terrain/trails that necessitated designs and construction to survive 'the test of metal' and man/woman/child and even a few dogs! ;o)

i can't wait to see all the pics of the show even though i was there!

Re:

hi all
the weather may have dampened our clothing. but did nothing to dampen our spirits.
the mountain bikers came thru. in my humble opinion the show was a success considering the conditions.
but as mr toad said….. it is bc. if you live here you learn to do sh*t in the rain or you don't do anything at all.

quantity may have been down a tad but I think we made up for it in quality. we had lots of brodies to view.
a big thanks to rismtb our resident ritchey guru. his passion for the brand is something else.
I'm sure he and ductape would have had a lot to talk about. and speaking of which, ductape, that
was one nice group of bikes you had rounded up for the trip. would have given us a run for our
money in numerous catagories of judging. maybe it's good you didn't make it. just kidding.
hope you get here next year.

thanks for the endorsement jimbotoad. big thanks to you for making it out against all your adversities.
thanks for bringing the rare brodie lightbeam. too bad you forgot `the board' maybe you could post a picture of it here.
thanks also to tony, vintageman, mike e, roc6839, chickenball and walleater for coming out, bringing bikes
or just making an appearance.

we had a number of brodie alumni show up. paul was in attendance. along with both the welders who worked at
brodie in late 1980's thru early 1990's, mike truelove and chris cooney. the 3 men of steel who made the frames
we love. unfortunately harald's mentor art tyler `the art dept.' couldn't make it this year. there was steve from sales
and harvey who worked the cnc machine, was an idea man and a problem solver there as well.

my picture taking abilities are poor at best. toss in bad weather and a camera which I don't think liked the humidity
and what you see is the results. because of the rain we had the bikes under cover which had them too close
for photographing at decent angles. but I hope the sentiment comes across. here is the first installment.
hope you enjoy them.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 275
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 275
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 275
  • 004.JPG