Toxik Harald's Annual Cruiser Ride and Bike Show 2014

Good timing. I just came in from the garage where the Competition is in the stand getting a few parts installed. As much as I would love to have it ready to ride by the beginning of May, I don't think I will have the wheels built by then. I wouldn't be against bringing up a couple of bikes though. Possibly a Ritchey, the Potts, or a Moots. If we go for a cruise around Vancouver, is there a secure place to leave the bikes not ridden that would be safer than a roof rack?

Don't know who Brent or Brodie person is?

Retro_Roy":3tvqe3rx said:
still haven't heard from enough locals for my liking. come on guys.
roy

The weather has been bad,

A few sunny weekends like this will get everyone in the mood. :cool:

Is there a swap meet tied to the event?

Ductape":bzc29xtl said:
Good timing. I just came in from the garage where the Competition is in the stand getting a few parts installed. As much as I would love to have it ready to ride by the beginning of May, I don't think I will have the wheels built by then. I wouldn't be against bringing up a couple of bikes though. Possibly a Ritchey, the Potts, or a Moots. If we go for a cruise around Vancouver, is there a secure place to leave the bikes not ridden that would be safer than a roof rack?

Don't know who Brent or Brodie person is?
hi
there will be someone at the show watching the bikes. me personally most of the time.
I haven't gone on the ride yet. I stay and guard the bikes. so bring your best.

there is no swap meet accompanying the show. there is one the weekend before.
but a few of us have been talking about trying to have a bit of a truck sale.
it's not official. but if you have something you might want to flog by all means
bring it along. bet there will be numerous eager souls interested. but show me first. :LOL:
roy

Re:

hey roy, i'm a local!? ;o) i better chime in! yes, thanks roy, for being the 'catalyst' for getting things ready for the big 'climbax' on may 4th. if i don't get bikes ready in 'expresso' fashion, i won't be able to bring them, 'beaming' as i proudly show them to all the VRC fans in attendance. romax, romax, romax. i'll bet a 'sovereign' you didn't think i'd be able to fit 'romax' in, eh? i think that covers most of those available up til '96? in any case, my 'libido' for sweet old brodies should be quenched in only a couple weeks! there. p.s.- brodie didn't make just bike frames!

Few of us from Denman Bikes will try to make it.
Just gotta hire enough staff by then to be able to take the whole day off :)

not having attended an event like this before... can i just ride up and park my bike in the show somewhere and then ride away as i feel necessary?

rocketboy2000":86afgujh said:
not having attended an event like this before... can i just ride up and park my bike in the show somewhere and then ride away as i feel necessary?
hi
you bet you can. super informal. come and go as you please.
the poster reads registration begins at 10:00. you only have to
register if you want your bike to be judged in the competition.
then it's $5 per bike entry. otherwise it's all free. except BYOB :)
that is why I tell everyone to bring as many bikes as they want.
so.............come on down!!!! the more the merrier.
roy

GearlessinSeattle":1jgjbqqf said:
Should be fun, I will try and make it. I will also invite Brent Martin who on a Brodie to the 1986 Canadian Mountain Bike Championship. He also was the one to buy the jigs Brodie was selling and convinced him to open the school. Hopefully he can make it.
Cheers
hi G
have you invited brent yet? tell him mr toad might be there with one of his old
race bikes to autogragh. :shock: :cool:

Attachments

• MT1.jpg
    MT1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 215

Latest posts

Back