Toxik Harald's Annual Cruiser Ride and Bike Show 2014

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
greetings to all retrobikers, especially those in vancouver and surrounding townships

the countdown starts now. toxik harald's annual cruiser ride and bike show will be here before we know it.

we did even better last year than the previous one. we showcased builder offroad toad, rod kirkham and mountain and beach cycle. :cool:
we had an astounding 5 toads in attendance. unless someone can prove me wrong, the largest gathering of toads ever. :shock: :shock:
we are hoping to do the same again this year. feature builder this year is brodie bikes. one of toxik's past employers.
harald learned his trade from paul brodie and art tyler (the art dept.)

once again with the help from everyone local and some not so local we are striving to amass the largest gathering of
vintage brodie's ever assembled. :)

i'd like to extend an invite to all retrobikers in the british columbia lower mainland and vancouver island
area to come out for a day of fun. also to our american friends in washington and a special someone in portland.
you know who you are. :roll:

bring a bike if you want, any old bike, but especially those brodie's. doesn't matter if it's a rider, project or a garage queen.
we want to see them. just come out. say hi and check out the fun along with others.

I'll be there helping harald out again. along side me will be my partners in crime
roc6839, vintageman and the world famous jimbotoad giving it our all.

personal invites to tony, chickenball, canuckinboston, jkelly, sansarret, walleater, dillbike,
jhoreth, chillibiker, mike e, dirttorpedo, narhay, rismtb. I know there are others. I apologize for missing
your names. chime in here to let us know you will be by. no excuses like last year. :LOL:
as mentioned above special shout out to the yanks ductape, gearlessinseattle, mr toad and richb.
also anyone else south of the border. hope you boys will be in attendance. love to have you join us.
let me know you will be coming and I'll supply the beer. :D

once again we are working on a panel of celebrity judges. we are trying for a few past brodie employees
to make an appearance. no names. ;)

it all happens may 4th, so come on down and be part of the fun. your support is what makes it all worth while.
hope to see you there
roy

Attachments

• T.H.2014 003.JPG
    T.H.2014 003.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,067
  • T.H.2014 002.JPG
    T.H.2014 002.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,067
  • T.H.2014 001.JPG
    T.H.2014 001.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,067
Re:

I'm still hoping to get my lazy bones up north for the epic event.

Still waiting on a few vital parts for my build...but i'm close and hope to have it completed in time.

Attachments

• Bfork.jpg
    Bfork.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 996
Should be fun, I will try and make it. I will also invite Brent Martin who on a Brodie to the 1986 Canadian Mountain Bike Championship. He also was the one to buy the jigs Brodie was selling and convinced him to open the school. Hopefully he can make it.
Cheers

No Brodie but I plan on making the trek up this year.

Hmmm, Cruiser ride.

Possibly the Champion then?

Re:

Thanks for the shout out. I was wondering if this was going to happen again. Unfortunately, I don't have a Brodie to bring, but I'll try to make it out. Maybe I'll bring my old Diamondback as a counterpoint to all of the beautiful Brodies.

GearlessinSeattle":g764ymcz said:
Should be fun, I will try and make it. I will also invite Brent Martin who on a Brodie to the 1986 Canadian Mountain Bike Championship. He also was the one to buy the jigs Brodie was selling and convinced him to open the school. Hopefully he can make it.
Cheers
Ductape":g764ymcz said:
No Brodie but I plan on making the trek up this year.

Hmmm, Cruiser ride.

Possibly the Champion then?

hi again
good to hear from the yanks. would be great if you could pass on the word to brent.
do I hear celebrity judge? maybe the fellow who bought his old brodie will show up
with it. I hear he might have been told of our event. start polishing them up. :)

the champion will be well received for sure. but how about one of your incredible collection of mountain bikes.
maybe a good place to show the new black ritchey competition. or a potts. that would be a a treat.
bring as many bikes as you can.
only 3 short weeks to go. with a little luck I may soon have a new project to throw together for the day.
fingers crossed.

still haven't heard from enough locals for my liking. come on guys.
roy

Back