Top gear

Re:

The slicked back smarm-meister himself ?

Yes, that's the one. :D

I watched the new shows on iPlayer, it doesn't seem as though much has changed, I still found myself skipping forward through it when it all got too silly for me; I can usually get through the hour long show in about 20 minutes.

The fake jeopardy, the middle aged men screaming and whooping while driving a car, the pointless and unnecessary additions to a "road test", it's all still there.

I understand, it's not really a motoring show any more, it's just entertainment and a very successful show that the BBC sells all over the world, but I preferred the earlier, "drier", less silly incarnation.

Tomorrow's World went the same way, started out as a program for adults, with presenters like Raymond Baxter, James Burke and William Woollard, who presented Top Gear for a while and ended up being like Blue Peter and presented by Dan Snow and Philippa Forester.

I might be a grumpy middle aged man, but things really were better in my day. :p

Re:

dont watch top gear anymore. it was ok.
but why do some people use these threads as a dig at other members.
just accept we have differing views and move on, its not like they will change another persons view.

i will stick to riding my bike. after all isnt that one thing that unites us all here ?

Re: Re:

videojetman":208jq5se said:
dont watch top gear anymore. it was ok.
but why do some people use these threads as a dig at other members.
just accept we have differing views and move on, its not like they will change another persons view.

i will stick to riding my bike. after all isnt that one thing that unites us all here ?

my bikes better than your bike

xerxes":1souqpjt said:
The slicked back smarm-meister himself ?

Yes, that's the one. :D

I watched the new shows on iPlayer, it doesn't seem as though much has changed, I still found myself skipping forward through it when it all got too silly for me; I can usually get through the hour long show in about 20 minutes.

The fake jeopardy, the middle aged men screaming and whooping while driving a car, the pointless and unnecessary additions to a "road test", it's all still there.

I understand, it's not really a motoring show any more, it's just entertainment and a very successful show that the BBC sells all over the world, but I preferred the earlier, "drier", less silly incarnation.

Tomorrow's World went the same way, started out as a program for adults, with presenters like Raymond Baxter, James Burke and William Woollard, who presented Top Gear for a while and ended up being like Blue Peter and presented by Dan Snow and Philippa Forester.

I might be a grumpy middle aged man, but things really were better in my day. :p

Damn right. My 6yr old is into old school Popeye cartoons now and they are far funnier and subtly 'street cool' than the dross aimed at kids nowadays.

Went into a bike shop today, had a look round and tried to lift a Ridgeback 603 up.....fuxx me the thing must weigh 40lbs with front sus. Fugly as can be too.

legrandefromage":lx8i3aju said:
my bikes better than your bike

:LOL: :LOL:
giphy.gif

M-Power":29oaqcff said:
Damn right. My 6yr old is into old school Popeye cartoons now and they are far funnier and subtly 'street cool' than the dross aimed at kids nowadays.

Our kids watch nothing but old 80's quality childrens telly programs, Thundercats is a favourite :D

66 triumph daytona":3spihahh said:
xerxes":3spihahh said:
I was surprised that Tiff wasnt a presenter on the new TG.

Bring back Quentin Wilson!

Quentin "clocking" Wilson ;) .....
i dont remember ever seeing him on TG, but i know the previous cast all left to go over to 5th gear so that makes sense. always found him and tiff needel a little annoying to be honest. does anyone fancy giving noel edmonds another shot? that would be interesting to say the least, he might put a 70s spin back on it :p

Re:

I didn't watch it, does that make me cool? I did however watch Rachel Atherton's run at Fort Bill. That's some satisfying tv right there.
My eldest loves old school tom and jerry. New school tom and jerry is just plain and soft, not half as 'comically violent' as it used to be!

Latest posts

Back