Too far gone?

Anthony":2ftxi9u2 said:
If it was mine, I wouldn't even get it resprayed as I respect original paint and stickers.

I would strip the bits off it and remove all flaked paint and brown material with a fine craft file. You'd be able to tell whether too much thickness had been lost anywhere for it to retain its structural integrity. I would guess not from those pictures, in which case I would paint all metal with Kurust and later overpaint with close-match Humbrol model paint.

Anthony, while most of us mechanics (and some fairly blunt ones at that and yes, I do include my impatient self!), you're the calm soul who touches up ancient works of art in the back rooms of museums...

I salute you sir!

Funny you should say that Mr Elpedro, I am actually getting an artist to colour match paint and touch up my Rockhopper :LOL:

Thank god he is a good mate and works for beer :LOL:

Google "homemade electrolysis tank"

Classic car restorers use these things loads, I've got one going on a 1968 Commer PB door right now. Not sure it could help with inside the frame though.

Hate to say it, but I had a Stumpy with a similar amount of rust (it actually looked a bit better) and it ended up full of holes after sandblasting. Still, that's not to say your's will be as bad.

Back