Today's Ride

muddy local loop today on the modern bike, and once again ive killed a rear mech :(
aint ridden with these lads for a year or so and it was great to see them again, some ive been riding with since bitd

30 miles, 30 smiles, good times

ready for a strip and rebuild

Re: Re:

tufty":24sjfa8q said:
First ride of 2017. Dunno what was going on, there were all these people looking at me like I had 2 heads.

n3SgLT9l.jpg

What bike is that, mate? Looks cool! :cool:

Re:

Today-Monday-First day out since last Thursday, as it has been raining like crazy here since then. It wasn't raining at noon today, so I did the climb up to Tamarancho to check out what the storms had done. As it turns out, everything looks good up high today, aside from the fact it started raining just minutes after I got to the top of the climb...

Attachments

• Goldman trail is now a watercourse.jpg
    Goldman trail is now a watercourse.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 506
Re:

Today-Wednesday-It rained 5 + inches yesterday, made some of the local creeks overflow, and it was really pounding down. Today came with a few light sprinkles this morning, then dry enough for a ride after noon. Up to the West of town today about 800' with Charlie Kelly. We found some mud, but did a climb on a well drained fire road, so not too bad...

Attachments

• CK and me.jpg
    CK and me.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 476
Re:

Today-Friday-We rode up White's Hill and came back the long way on the old Railroad right of way. There was a car along the way that was pushed out of it's collapsing carport by a large mudslide from above, and a big tree that toppled on the fire road-found a good bit of mud in places, too...

Attachments

• Toppled tree.jpg
    Toppled tree.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 454
  • In the Cut.jpg
    In the Cut.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 454
  • Slide victim.jpg
    Slide victim.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 454
Re:

Today-Saturday-A beautiful 57 F. sunny day, so 4 of us headed up to the Lakes via the backside of the golf course up high on Bolinas Road...

Attachments

• CK and Me.jpg
    CK and Me.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 436
  • Up above the golf course.jpg
    Up above the golf course.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 436
  • Larry, CK, Warren.jpg
    Larry, CK, Warren.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 436
Cold, damp and misty but not too windy so all good. I do want to move to Norfolk though.

Well that's a load of horsesh*t!

Top of the second climb

Top of the third(note to self: ramming bikes into thorn bushes will get you a puncture :facepalm: )

One for Pat: Racing the puncture home....

And yes the bars are that narrow.

Back