Today's Ride

Re: Re:

Mr Crudley":11omxjjd said:
Great shot. It sure must be tough doing the snow riding thing.

Thanks! :D
You get used to it, riding in snow is a bit like riding in sand, lower speeds and tiring. This day was trickier because it had snowed the week before, warmed up, rained and then froze again, leaving trails that resemble bumpy ice rinks. Flat pedals and concentration are the order of the day.

Re:

Today-Tuesday-We rode to the town of Ross, and went up past Phoenix Lake to Eldridge Grade. Climbed part way up Tam, about 800' and rested. There was a big slide out on Eldridge on the way up...

Attachments

• Slide on Eldridge Grade.jpg
    Slide on Eldridge Grade.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 497
  • Rest stop.jpg
    Rest stop.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 497
Re:

Today-Wednesday-We rode up to the Magic Bridge and the Lakes-10 degrees warmer than yesterday, about 58 F. and sunny on the way up...

Attachments

• Down low at the Magic Bridge.jpg
    Down low at the Magic Bridge.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 473
  • Bright out.jpg
    Bright out.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 473
Re:

Today-Monday-Now that Christmas is over, back on the bike! We rode up Bolinas Road to the Golf Course. about 650' up. Then around it and up some more to the Big Meadow and the Magic Bridge-chilly out, about 47 F. ( 8C. ) but sunny-we even found some mud...

Attachments

• Magic Bridge.jpg
    Magic Bridge.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 380
  • Me, Larry, Warren.jpg
    Me, Larry, Warren.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 380
  • Short muddy stretch.jpg
    Short muddy stretch.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 380
  • View spot.jpg
    View spot.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 380
Re:

Today-Wednesday-We rode up to Tamarancho-nice out in the sun...

Attachments

• Northbay Zoom shot.jpg
    Northbay Zoom shot.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 348
  • Rest stop.jpg
    Rest stop.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 348
  • Warren.jpg
    Warren.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 348
Re:

built up my gt rts 3 last night so took it for a spin around some woods nearby this afternoon. loved it, sandy soil so not too muddy, even had someone elses dog run around with me for about 4 miles, the owners were okay when they finally got reunited haha

snapped chain 15 mins in meant i had to return to the van......cue coffee and a photo

loved it, not every ride has to be an epic adventure ;)

Back