Time to try Full Suspension

have you seen the Marin Mount Vision Pro build on the '98 forum? Awesome! Made me want one...

Re: Re:

davidj":3u2hpzz1 said:
There are a few on Ebay right now but all seem to be miles away from me, so I either keep looking or plan a road trip..

Yeah, mines on the bay, will drop you a link when I find it! Where abouts are you based?

And I definitely agree with your point about it can be cheaper to by a bike rather than build one. I fell down a bit there, i bought the mount vision as a complete bike, then set about changing everything to my own specification anyway!

EDIT:
heres the link, frame plus some fitted extras: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121764807681? ... 1555.l2649

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Cannondale prophet are a good bet.

Nice simple single pivot, tough as old boots and seem to have slipped under the fashion radar so you can get deals on them.

Basically the same shape as the orange, which everyone bangs on about but made much nicer.

Sketchyxup":3nz1cozo said:

Basically the same shape as the orange, which everyone bangs on about but made much nicer.

That's like saying every full suss bike is basically the same shape :?

It takes a bit more than it being basically the same shape to make it comparable with the Orange 5. Not saying they're not good or worth considering but that kind of simplistic view of full suss leads people to buy the wrong one then be put off.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

brocklanders023":1wm1mc25 said:
Sketchyxup":1wm1mc25 said:

It takes a bit more than it being basically the same shape to make it comparable with the Orange 5. Not saying they're not good or worth considering but that kind of simplistic view of full suss leads people to buy the wrong one then be put off.

Well not really is it? Im not saying every full suss is the same shape but lay an image of a five and a prophet on top of each other.

Not really at opposite ends of the spectrum are they?

The cannondale uses nicely forged frame elements and manipulated aluminium tubes, the orange is just an agricultural lump.

I know you've talked about the GT I-drives and have no interest in them but what about an STS or LTS? Plenty kicking about and still parts available to keep them running sweet.

I had an LTS-DH in the late 90's and loved it, gave it lots of abuse with no issue until I swapped it for my first car and then some toe rag nicked it from the new owner!

Currently have an STS in my collection and it is just an amazing bike in my opinion for most riding.

Sketchyxup":z651v2aw said:
brocklanders023":z651v2aw said:
Sketchyxup":z651v2aw said:

Well not really is it? Im not saying every full suss is the same shape but lay an image of a five and a prophet on top of each other.

Not really at opposite ends of the spectrum are they?

The cannondale uses nicely forged frame elements and manipulated aluminium tubes, the orange is just an agricultural lump.

Oh dear. :facepalm:

RickTheUncivil":x9gs8alo said:
heres the link, frame plus some fitted extras: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121764807681? ... 1555.l2649

Thanks for the link RTU, I had seen your listing. I am holding out on a frame only purchase as I have no idea how I will want to set the bike up and figure if I get a full bike I will then have a basis to make changes to.

Sketchyxup":x9gs8alo said:

I have always admired Cannondales, but I could only live with one with perfect paint (because that is what I have always admired about them) and I can't afford one in that condition. Good call though.

brocklanders023":x9gs8alo said:
This doesn't look like a bad deal and they'll post. Will be worth checking if the forks have worn stanchions though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marin-Rift-Zo ... 3f54eb2e10

Thanks for the link, I was watching that one then the original listing disappeared. It isn't my ideal Marin but I may end up with one of these later ones.

I am not too worried about the forks as I plan on fitting modern air suspension, as soon as I have worked out what I want and will work with the frame.

This Ebay link is pretty much what I am looking for, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161848034714? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Problem is it is a 260 mile round trip and no postage offered.

Back