Tim Gould's '93 Newnham Schwinn (homage) FINISHED

Re: Tim Gould Schwinn homage build

Rod_Saetan":1y1glx3s said:
Looks like it has the scalloped cutaway at the front which indicates the road version of the Force to me.

Aren't road bikes 1" and generally 0' or negative rise ? Just a thought...

Bollox64":kjp0bn2w said:
Thanks a huge amount Shawn! If you wish to donate that mag, just PM me :D

PM me your address I'll carefully cut out the two pages, would like to keep the mag ;)

Re:Schwinn pdg90

I have a schwinn pdg90 from 1992 that looks exactly like Yours, (except for the Colors) and it seems to be made of the same steel too. So Yours should be for 1 1/8 fork. It have a worlcup worthy handling with quick and precise steering :D You will enjoy riding it!

Re: Re:Schwinn pdg90

Nice - any pics?

Also, what size clamp is it on the front mech / seat-tube, and the seatpost diameter?

I need to start looking B4 the frame arrives :)

Jens_BM":ptz63io8 said:
I have a schwinn pdg90 from 1992 that looks exactly like Yours, (except for the Colors) and it seems to be made of the same steel too. So Yours should be for 1 1/8 fork. It have a worlcup worthy handling with quick and precise steering :D You will enjoy riding it!

Re:

Five pages in and the frame hasn't arrived yet, let alone picked up a spanner and built anything :shock:

:LOL:

Re:

On my 1993 RS60 series, which has the same lugged constructed frame as yours the seat post is 26.8mm and you don't need a seatpost collar but a pin or a quick release. Also I believe that fd is 28.6 mm.

Cheers,
Cristi.

Any updates ? Meanwhile my lugged Paramount says hi ! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20161128_125159-1181x889.jpg
    IMG_20161128_125159-1181x889.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 714
Back