Tim Gould's '93 Newnham Schwinn (homage) FINISHED

Re: Tim Gould Schwinn homage build

Congrats for the project, in my opinion those japanese made Paramounts were one of the nicest production steel frames of their times.
Made of Tange Prestige tubing, using silver brazing and beautiful lugs. Just look at the lug integrated cable stops and routers.
I am really interested about the weight, maybe you can share this info when you'll receive the frame.

seeing as how many have commented on the chainstay, here are 2 pics that show how it is asymetrical

Paramount by Bollox2u, on Flickr

On the Team

R80 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

and a better view on the 1-step lower R80

Will do. I just got a mail from Waterford, confirming that it is a 1993 Japanese built frame (by Panasonic), as you describe.

CristiRD":3n64tt1l said:
Congrats for the project, in my opinion those japanese made Paramounts were one of the nicest production steel frames of their times.
Made of Tange Prestige tubing, using silver brazing and beautiful lugs. Just look at the lug integrated cable stops and routers.
I am really interested about the weight, maybe you can share this info when you'll receive the frame.

Re:

Didn't Univega have a similar design chainstay, bending down from the bb though iirc?

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3jenyyiu said:
Didn't Univega have a similar design chainstay, bending down from the bb though iirc?

Mike

I have on my steel Univega Alpina 507 that chainstay bend, it's symetrical (both chainstays) and as you said, it is closer to bb. They used to call this Max Mudroom, as it says on the chainstay.

A few (not very detailed) images of the Team bike as Tim rode it.

So I can see the Scott AT-2 bars, the Scott Unishock VR 1993 model, and dark rims.....and what is possibly a Scott or Pedros yellow water bottle

Photo credits Geoff Waugh and Leslie Dalley, plus?

Tim4 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Tim1 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Tim3 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Tim2 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Tim by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Jamis Diablo":3bsl6ven said:
Great story and the frame looks very interesting, so I'm jumping on this train as well.

Think we're going to need a few more carriages on this train, unless you fancy riding on the roof :D

Re:

I think the bars may be AT2, like the ones I have.

Hard to tell on my phone though

Re: Re:

You're right, they are AT2. Got my designations all muddled :facepalm:

Mike Muz 67":3cqelma6 said:
I think the bars may be AT2, like the ones I have.

Hard to tell on my phone though

Back