Tim Gould's '93 Newnham Schwinn (homage) FINISHED

Re:

looks like a SCOTT bottle cage for sure, and seems all the lug work is done in black, you can make it out on the head tube, which would make sense as the rear end is black to the BB and the seat stay junction :cool:

Attachments

• lugs.jpg
    lugs.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 858
  • scottbottle.jpg
    scottbottle.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 858
Re: Tim Gould Schwinn homage build

Yep, definitely highlited lugs. Below are some scanned pics I took when I hung-out with basically the whole UK elite gang :)

Black Schwinn logo on the down and seat tubes. PDG on the front of the toptube (Paramount Design Group), Shimano at the rear. SRP on the downtube close to the BB

I think that's Tim's bike in the top pic on the left, but I can't see what stem it is - Ritchey perhaps...

Scan 20 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

The Cindercone and Bear Valley in the lower pic are mine and my mate John's - rubbing shoulders with Kloser's Schwinn and Frischnect's Ritchey :cool:

You can see the black lugs on Mike's bike below - and now I see that it is a Scott Team bottle.

I also vaguely recognise that dapper young chap in the denim cut-offs checking Mike out :LOL:

Scan 21 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Re:

That's a Ritchey Force stem.

BTW I seem to remember that competition you won.

Do you remember the month they ran the ad as I have a large stash of mags to hand and could scan it.

Re:

This is what RetroBIKE needs more of!

An interesting old bike related thread, where folk gather their knowledge and help one another!

Also nice to see my Scott Pro Racing isn't too far off the mark! Unishock apart !

Bloody hell, I can see 7 of them in that photo! Pity they put the grips on the wrong way around on the nearest one! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re: Re:

I did have that mag (of course!), but sadly lost it in a house move.

However, Regan came to the rescue with a scan. Thanks for offering though :)

They missed out my mate's name. It should say "Alec and John discussed..."

player":23smhjyp said:
BTW I seem to remember that competition you won.

Do you remember the month they ran the ad as I have a large stash of mags to hand and could scan it.

Competition by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Re: Tim Gould Schwinn homage build

Looking forward to more of this! Tim Gould's 'Circle of Power' was my overriding memory of racing back then, top man.

Latest posts

Back