Wanted Thumbshifter with 7 speed index and friction

Alongside the 7 speed index/friction shifter, I could be interested in,

2 friction only thumbies, I don't see how there'd be a difference between the rear and front if they're not indexed, perhaps the leverage ability is less on a FD friction shifter? I always just used the same ones I'd use for a 5/6/7 speed rear derailleur

Sugino 3x mtb crankset would be useful as well.

the rear needs more cable pull so some have a bigger barrel and are not always swappable

Valid point, I'm yet to test these proper but they seem to pull a similar amount, we will see.

I saw a few videos of people swapping left and right shifters so they can place them under a flat bar. if they are index/friction type you are unable to use the index if you swap them over. And some have run out of pull and cant cover all the gears at the back. A few have run it like this and are happy not to use the smallest cog. but others get them to work no problems it depends on a few different variables.

I saw a few videos of people swapping left and right shifters so they can place them under a flat bar.
Swapping your thumbshifters over and putting them under the bars has been around since at least 1990 😁

I used to love the SunTour wishbone shifters which basically took this design and did it properly. However, they're not great for gnarlier riding as they can basically get in the way of you gripping the bars properly. The XCM-level plastic ones are actually lighter than these XC Pro/Comp ones as the latter has a whacking huge casting for the levers.

1694079668600.png

Back