Wanted Friction Thumb Shifter

So I'm after a friction thumb shifter that has enough cable throw to shift 9 speed. ideally trying to make this build as cheap as I can. happy with post '97, but thought I'd get more views here. Please let me know if you have anything suitable!

So… it’s not at all cheap but I have a ‘Thumbster’ spare. It goes up to 9s MTB and 10s road. Pretty cool design. Purely friction. Only used for a while. It’s in the garage somewhere.

So… it’s not at all cheap but I have a ‘Thumbster’ spare. It goes up to 9s MTB and 10s road. Pretty cool design. Purely friction. Only used for a while. It’s in the garage somewhere.
wow. yeah they're beautiful but definitely out of the price range for this build

Is it just the right hand you’re after? Pretty sure I have a single XT one that will do 9 speed on friction, 7 or 8 on index. Not home till the weekend to check though. It had a non-standard bolt and was a bit worn, so would be cheap. T..

Is it just the right hand you’re after? Pretty sure I have a single XT one that will do 9 speed on friction, 7 or 8 on index. Not home till the weekend to check though. It had a non-standard bolt and was a bit worn, so would be cheap. T..
yeah, just the right. a bit ratty is absolutely fine tbh, definitely interested.

What are you asking for that if I might ask?

Back