Wanted Bar end shifter cheap

arnomatic

Devout Dirtbag
9 speed bar end shifter, indexed or friction. Not looking to splash the cash! Based in Bristol. Cheers!

I have an Ultegra bar end in 9 speed flavour. Usually these work both in indexed and friction mode, but my one misses some of the indexed gears but handles friction fine. Yours for not very much.

That is a road bike shifter like on a drop bar? In mtb a bar end shifter is a shifter that you mount in a bar end. So you can shift with your hands on the bar ends. What you are looking for is a road bike shifter of a drop bar???

That is a road bike shifter like on a drop bar? In mtb a bar end shifter is a shifter that you mount in a bar end. So you can shift with your hands on the bar ends. What you are looking for is a road bike shifter of a drop bar???
Yeah, I thought I knew of all the different mtb shifters out there, but obvs not the one youve told me about. I was also a bit curious about how an MTBer would use a normal bar end shifter on his bike, but was thinking that they're used for a good many applications so thought mtb was a new one. Anyway, we live and learn:) and I'm sure the OP fella can buy your shifter so he at least has one option.

Think I have an old Suntour retrofriction non-indexed affair in one of my boxes. Only problem is I’m in Lanzarote until 16 July!

Can check when I’m back if you get no joy on the meantime.

The xtr bar end shifter isn't the same as the more traditional ones. It clamps around a bar end I e. Onza and connects to only a few Shimano MTB 9sp shifters (xtr, xt of the era I think). It's non-indexed but the cables work the MTB shifter paddles to shift/index. I like them, they work and allow you to shift the rear mech in the comfort of resting hands on bar ends.

Back