Those bikes with big tyres.

You can now buy a complete new one from on-one for £1k

they dont make much sense to build up yourself as parts suppliers are pretty few and far between

I didn't realise the tyres were so big. I might get away with 3" on the bike I wanted to convert. Can you get tyres that size?

If you live somewhere that you have to deal with snow, they really open up your riding options. I sold my rollers last spring.

fatonvista_zps592f26fe.jpg

Am loving mine. It has opened up a whole load of new terrain to me. I live less than a mile from the beach in St Annes and have a fair distance either side of me to ride on. There is a good section of dunes across from where Pontins was in Blackpool and that isn't far away. I have ridden nothing else since I got it in December.

Got it on Cycletowork thingy as well which made it a much better price.

I considered the idea of building one (9Zero7 frame probably) but in the meantime they seem to have been breeding around here (On-Ones mostly) and now there's a whole scutch of people riding them. Sheep.........
Not being someone who likes to be seen to be jumping on the latest bandwagon, I don't think I'll bother with one at the minute.
They'd be bloody hard work as a singlespeed too......

We've had a lot of snow this winter and I didn't have one.

Am now gambling that we won't have a winter this bad for a few years now so I can postpone the decision!

Back