Thorn Raven Tour with Rohloff Hub - Excellent condition Reduced to £850

I love the Alfine8…had it on a Thorn Mercury which I sold regrettably…that’s why I’m here
I have a love/hate with ours. Like the simplicity, lack of maintenance needed, pretty robust for cargo duties (non e-assist!) and being able to change gears at a standstill. I hate the feel of some of the gears, they properly mess with my head and is all I can think is that lumpy feeling is wasted energy as I'm grinding my way back from the supermarket! Plus the jumps are annoying, but it has a HUGE range. I've been warned off Alfine 11 though for cargo bikes...

I have a love/hate with ours. Like the simplicity, lack of maintenance needed, pretty robust for cargo duties (non e-assist!) and being able to change gears at a standstill. I hate the feel of some of the gears, they properly mess with my head and is all I can think is that lumpy feeling is wasted energy as I'm grinding my way back from the supermarket! Plus the jumps are annoying, but it has a HUGE range. I've been warned off Alfine 11 though for cargo bikes...
Agree with all this, never tried an alfine 11 though. Nexus 8 never let me down fully loaded though. I bow down to it every time I rest the bike

Agree with all this, never tried an alfine 11 though. Nexus 8 never let me down fully loaded though. I bow down to it every time I rest the bike
I'm on our 2nd Alfine hub, the first imploded and I managed to jam it in a single useable gear so we could keep using the bike until I got a replacement hub sent over from Germany. I do ride the bike like I'm in a race to try and keep fit, but I do respect for them especially with easing off pedal pressure to change gear...

@DarioRB, you should be able to start a conversation with the seller now? Unless there is a time delay?

Once you have 5 posts you will have full privileges. Please wait an hour for these upgraded privileges to kick in once you have 5 posts.

Members with five or more posts may
👉✅Start conversations👈
✅Have jazzy signatures
✅Post videos

@DarioRB, you should be able to start a conversation with the seller now? Unless there is a time delay?

Once you have 5 posts you will have full privileges. Please wait an hour for these upgraded privileges to kick in once you have 5 posts.

Members with five or more posts may
👉✅Start conversations👈
✅Have jazzy signatures
✅Post videos
Brilliant, thanks

I'm on our 2nd Alfine hub, the first imploded and I managed to jam it in a single useable gear so we could keep using the bike until I got a replacement hub sent over from Germany. I do ride the bike like I'm in a race to try and keep fit, but I do respect for them especially with easing off pedal pressure to change gear...
👍

Back