the wifes 92 marin eldridge grade

Great story ! And a lovely bike to go with it, good look with the build and I'm looking forward to the results :) .

Bullpup":1wj4mus9 said:
Are you going for a repaint as well?

Good morning :D

Its looking that way. some of the scrapes are pretty bad, especially along the top tube.
Just hope i can match the colour & finish.

Red.

Love this era of Marin I used to race Xc with a lad called Ian from shorrocks back in the early/mid 90's loved that shop.

Re: Re:

PopsTrippin":2y8lqk7j said:
I tidied mine by touching it up with Humbrol satin black model enamel and it looks ok. ;)

Hi mate,

I wish i could do the same, it really does need a repaint, the forks are covered in surface rust and the chips are all over :(

DICKO10":2ndtggw1 said:
Love this era of Marin I used to race Xc with a lad called Ian from shorrocks back in the early/mid 90's loved that shop.

I still see Ian, not as much as i used to mind, He was at my brother-in-laws wedding last year.
He used to come in on saturdays, some times on his green klien attitude, ( which he may still have ).

I built loads of marins up back then, they're good bikes and we never had any returns, not like the alpinestars they sold.

I loved working there, shame it closed down :( They used to get some really cool stuff in at times and some times before any where else in the UK..

Happy days.......,when stuff was cool :D

You might remember me, i was the long haired mechanic that used to cycle there on a yeti ultimate amongst others. from ormskirk.

Red.

Back