The unofficial Bigfoot/Ozone/Smokestone thread

Re:

I must admit that I was always a bit meh about these but have recently started to find them more and more appealing. Your post makes them even more appealing still. Really nice that you met the man himself but also good to hear that he is a nice guy and appreciates the fact that people are still admiring his work after all this time. There's too many stories on here where frame builders don't want to discuss their old work and worse still can be down right rude in the process :roll:

Re: Re:

raidan73":2ek1l5eu said:
I must admit that I was always a bit meh about these but have recently started to find them more and more appealing. Your post makes them even more appealing still. Really nice that you met the man himself but also good to hear that he is a nice guy and appreciates the fact that people are still admiring his work after all this time.
"There's too many stories on here where frame builders don't want to discuss their old work and worse still can be down right rude in the process" :roll:

Yeah he's a top bloke, ...he asked me if I'd mind if he took a few pictures of it, :shock:
Naturally I was stoked by his endorsement, and since I didn't take a camera I asked if he got the camera out could his workshop guy take one with him in it as well... and he agreed :D !

Even better that he asked if he could take the pics :D

Retro Spud":5fd50s7d said:
raidan73":5fd50s7d said:
I must admit that I was always a bit meh about these but have recently started to find them more and more appealing. Your post makes them even more appealing still. Really nice that you met the man himself but also good to hear that he is a nice guy and appreciates the fact that people are still admiring his work after all this time.
"There's too many stories on here where frame builders don't want to discuss their old work and worse still can be down right rude in the process" :roll:

Yeah he's a top bloke, ...he asked me if I'd mind if he took a few pictures of it, :shock:
Naturally I was stoked by his endorsement, and since I didn't take a camera I asked if he got the camera out could his workshop guy take one with him in it as well... and he agreed :D !

Re:

Brilliant update Spud, love the pictures at the shop. I have to agree re dealing with Graham, couldn't be more helpful.

Mine doesn't get the use it once did with the arrival of my Dekerf. Maybe time to move it on!

p1010916j.jpg

ozone1":k5sexwwg said:
Looks bloody nice mate, well done, what's the name of his shop down there?

Its Slam69 in Gloucester (http://slam69.co.uk/)

Adrian (Coleman) on here is friends with Graham on Facebook, since I don't see the point/need to have a FB account I couldn't tell you what it is, but if you wanna contact him I guess Adrian would be able to give you the info.

Re:

Took the CO2 to Icon O Classic to rub shoulders with more exotic beasts...that said it didn't look out of place despite me taking "the path less travelled" with regard build and choice of Anno

not the best pictures but they were packed in a bit like corewood, (think we all got a bit obscessed about security, which was totally un-nessessary as it turned out)

Great day out all round and looking forward to next years :D

Attachments

• 20140914_134347_RichtoneHDR_zpscb15b5a1.jpg
    20140914_134347_RichtoneHDR_zpscb15b5a1.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 550
  • ozone at Icon.jpg
    ozone at Icon.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 550
Re:

Anyone found the soft tail version that was done in 94/95

It was a parallel linkage with elastomers iirc and I have an advert in one of the mtb pros I have somewhere....

Back