The ultimate RETROBIKE related car reg'

Neil":3kok1lpl said:
cce":3kok1lpl said:
Neil":3kok1lpl said:
3 series coupe.

My 3 coupe has a great big straight six in the front....

Lovin' your work with the use of "great" and "big" there - proper men's words, them. And them 3 series coupes - they're not gay at ALL - no sirree bob - totally as heterosexual as, say, an SL55 AMG, that curiously Clarkson got rid of, didn't he - wonder if that had anything to do with it coming top of a certain poll...

Just out of interest, what sort of block would you imagine is mid-mounted in that Boxster?

at that age it'll be a 2.7 or 3.2 Flat 6. My visual ID of S/Non-S on Boxsters isn't really there.

cce":1pshtg3x said:
Neil":1pshtg3x said:
cce":1pshtg3x said:
My 3 coupe has a great big straight six in the front....

Lovin' your work with the use of "great" and "big" there - proper men's words, them. And them 3 series coupes - they're not gay at ALL - no sirree bob - totally as heterosexual as, say, an SL55 AMG, that curiously Clarkson got rid of, didn't he - wonder if that had anything to do with it coming top of a certain poll...

Just out of interest, what sort of block would you imagine is mid-mounted in that Boxster?
at that age it'll be a 2.7 or 3.2 Flat 6. My visual ID of S/Non-S on Boxsters isn't really there.
Gosh - you mean it's got a great big flat 6 in, then? That's a bit awkward, ain't it. It's definitely less manly than your 3 series coupe, with that great big straight six in, though - no doubt about it. Nothing gay whatsoever about 3 series coupes... just them flaming Boxsters.

My gleaming black lump of manliness has 1.3 litres of throbbing FOUR-pistoned POWAH under the bonnet. Why, only yesterday I SMOKED a 1987 Mazda 323 hatchback on the dual carriageway - into fourth, foot to the floor, took him at SEVENTY, no sweat. He was trembling in awe at my mastery of the road.

Also, *dons car anorak* my manager in my first ever job drove a 944 Turbo, which even then was getting on a bit. He test-drove a Boxter when they were released, and found it so disappointing compared to his own car that he turned round after 500yds and took it back to the dealers. Being the internet, that anecdote alone proves that Boxters are for gays and drug dealing teenagers. Phakt.

Neil":178s7nkd said:
cce":178s7nkd said:
Neil":178s7nkd said:

Gosh - you mean it's got a great big flat 6 in, then? That's a bit awkward, ain't it. It's definitely less manly than your 3 series coupe, with that great big straight six in, though - no doubt about it. Nothing gay whatsoever about 3 series coupes... just them flaming Boxsters.

Go back to Page 1, I'm one of the people defending the Boxster.

Now everyone in this thread looks like a tit, can we stop?

cce":rtx6tf7s said:
Neil":rtx6tf7s said:
cce":rtx6tf7s said:

Go back to Page 1, I'm one of the people defending the Boxster.

Now everyone in this thread looks like a tit, can we stop?
Truth be told, I'd lost all perspective of defending the Boxster - I was really just railing against the whole "Poor man's 911..." probably from people that have never driven either.

As to how manly cars are... well if you kinda have to say they are, and say others are, well, a bit gay... surely that's more about peoples' insecurities, really - waving your wang around for comparison is, well, a bit desparate, after all. I mean, if we're gonna go by cliches, don't some opine that bragging rights about cars kinda implies something?

Neil I am getting the feeling that unless we all say you are right to make everything we say wrong that you will just go off like a big firework.
How embarrassing is it for you when you meet everyone on national rides ?
Just ...pooh I'm not telling you to do anything here because ...who am I ..but just get over yourself chap.

I nearly bought a Mazda MX5.

I think that says all you need to know about my attitude towards "gay" cars

captaincosmic":2tfedvxg said:
Neil I am getting the feeling that unless we all say you are right to make everything we say wrong that you will just go off like a big firework.
How embarrassing is it for you when you meet everyone on national rides ?
Just ...pooh I'm not telling you to do anything here because ...who am I ..but just get over yourself chap.
You'd do just as well taking your own advice, and eating your dog food, mate.

cce":j28z4b4u said:

I've heard tell some of them come in lovely colours.

cce":1bewda8u said:

As the owner of a bright yellow MG Midget and a Mercedes CLK, I reckon gay cars are where its at.

Back