The Time Trial Season is Starting

Just finished cobbling together this years TT bike. Bit scared to ride it as it is set up much lower and shorter than last year...

25 this Sunday.
Maybe I'll take the road bike again.

Missed the first 25 due to family commitments so my first 10 is good friday and the first 25 is easter sunday. and It is under Retrobike.

I suppose we're a bit to far apart to try for the team prize :(

Mind you, we'd need a third rider. Someone from the Midlands to even things up?

cchris2lou":3cw3mu0z said:
MJN":3cw3mu0z said:
Just stay on the hoods and try to keep your upper body relaxed,concentrate on putting all the power through your legs,then get some clip on aero bars and instantly knock a minute off your time ;)

I am slighty worried by your high level of fitness as we are in same MM team . :?

you do 3 laps and i ll do one . :LOL:

Nah,packed in TTing a couple of years ago,got hacked off with chasing fast times,still do the odd road race but a little un has slowed me up a bit nowadays.
Been doing lots of MTB though :D MM should be a good laugh,never done one before so no seriousness allowed :cool:

Well I shaved over 3 minutes from my previous PB!

I should explain that the last (and first) time I tried the local 10, I was smoking and not cycling, or doing any other form of excercise. But I'm still chuffed to bits to lose 3 minutes in 2 years. Especially as I've only been back on the bike for the past couple months. I'm waffling aren't I? It's probably the celebratory wine ;)

Long story short. PB gone from 34.58 to 31.55. Hardly a superstar, but TTs aren't about that are they :D

Surfr":4idpl93i said:

I should explain that the last (and first) time I tried the local 10, I was smoking and not cycling, or doing any other form of excercise. But I'm still chuffed to bits to lose 3 minutes in 2 years. Especially as I've only been back on the bike for the past couple months. I'm waffling aren't I? It's probably the celebratory wine ;)

Long story short. PB gone from 34.58 to 31.55. Hardly a superstar, but TTs aren't about that are they :D

They are about racing yourself,so well done! :D

MJN":o81rvjwx said:
Surfr":o81rvjwx said:

They are about racing yourself,so well done! :D

Yes,good ride - and a lot of season yet to come!

Congratulations Dan! ;-)

I'm a long-time member of Ystwyth and used to do the 10's in the 80's when I was growing up there. The course was slightly different, but only in terms of the start/finish line really. My PB there was a (very) long 25' but my first TT was closer to 35', so you'll see your times tumble especially in July/Aug

I still get the emails with all the results and it's remarkable how, with all the advances in technology and aerodynamics, the course record hasn't changed enormously. It was a short 22' for years, set by an international triathlete called Rick Morris who used to work at the university. That was set on an 80's TT special with sloping TT, cowhorns and 24" front wheel, but no aerobars. I think he had a rear disk, but it may just have been a cover!

The current CR is about 30s faster and is held by a guy called Dafydd Dylan, who's on the British Cycling talent team and does a lot of elite road races on the continent. It seems to me that on the pan-flat and largely straight courses the times have been tumbling over the years, but on more 'sporting' courses like this one, it's more about the rider than the bike. My actual PB, set on a flat, straight dual carriageway in Sussex, was a long 22' so the Ystwyth course is not an easy one by any means! Good fun though.

Cheers, Gareth.

Surfr":3vbfckcj said:

Any riders today?

Managed 1:12:30something for 25 miles on my road bike.
Must give the time trial bike a ride next time.

Back