The Time Trial Season is Starting

It's the next 2 1/2 minutes that'll be the hardest! Don't forget I was starting from a relatively low point! If I can get the next 2 1/2 minutes of during the course of the season I'll be very happy.

Next event is the North Midlands Veteran TT Association 18 kilometre on Sat March 14th at Ranby. It's one big loop via Barnby Moor and Blyth - and I might try using my tri-bars - if it's not to windy.

Ystwyth CC 10s start on April 1st. Looking forward to my first season of competing, having tested the water a couple seasons ago when I wasn't riding anything at all and smoked.

Thanks for asking - I was hoping you'd all forgotten!

Unfortunately I didn't go. Mrs Ned wasn't having a very good day so I stayed at home with her instead. Family comes first! If I'd gone I'd have only been worrying about her.

Anyway, it was windy - but the winner still did 22mins plus and this for 11 and a bit miles. Worth around a 20 for a 10! I'd have probably added at least 10 mins to that :oops:

Got my first 10 of the year tomorrow. Not been out on the road bike in a few months and only really started cycling again after a 8 year outage a few months ago but I'm looking forward to it all the same. I did lay down a 34.59 2 years ago when I was still smoking like a trouper, so I'm hoping to beat that, but other than that I'm just looking for personal improvement.

Anyway. I've only got a standard road bike without clip-on tri bars. Should I try to do the whole thing on the drops? Is it possible to pedal efficiently in the drops or would I be better off on the hoods?

Just stay on the hoods and try to keep your upper body relaxed,concentrate on putting all the power through your legs,then get some clip on aero bars and instantly knock a minute off your time ;)

MJN":3mxdk63c said:
Just stay on the hoods and try to keep your upper body relaxed,concentrate on putting all the power through your legs,then get some clip on aero bars and instantly knock a minute off your time ;)

I am slighty worried by your high level of fitness as we are in same MM team . :?

you do 3 laps and i ll do one . :LOL:

I'm riding again this coming Saturday 4th at Hatfield Woodhouse near Doncaster in the Birdwell Wheelers 10. First rider off at 2.00pm and I'm number 19 at 2.19pm.

Trouble is I've had a bad cold or something for the past few days and feel like **** so can't see myself doing much of a ride. I was hoping to knock a minute or so off but if the weather's OK and I can pull round a bit it could still be possible.

I'm hoping to ride tri-bars for the first time so if, as you say, they're worth a minute then an improvement could well be on!

Back