The Real Mcoy or man flu

Barneyballbags":3ecrlf1x said:
legrandefromage":3ecrlf1x said:
if its flu, you cant sleep, bones ache, you just lie there hating the world.

Or, in the case of my brother in law - you lie there in a coma while a machine breathes for you. You almost lose your arm and toes because of blood clots/infections, you suffer a stroke which you're still recovering from, you lose mobility in your left arm, you spend almost 6 months in hospital, your weight drops from 13 stone down to about 7, oh and your Dad contracts it at virtually the same time as you and he dies while you're in hospital, so you don't even find out about it until you're out of your coma and well enough so that the shock doesn't send you back into one.

I'm sure he'd trade all that just to be able to lie back and hate the world.

And that was flu :shock:

Struth I thought I had had it bad when I lived alone and lost two day's, I'd been so unwell, sweating/shivering and unable to get up for a couple of day's then I don't know what happened, I awoke what I thought was the next day but it turned out to be two day's later. it made me realise that had I died no one would have known for probably weeks.

But the above makes mine look like a holiday in in the Bahamas

Alison

Alison":2k7p63ae said:
Barneyballbags":2k7p63ae said:
legrandefromage":2k7p63ae said:
if its flu, you cant sleep, bones ache, you just lie there hating the world.

Or, in the case of my brother in law - you lie there in a coma while a machine breathes for you. You almost lose your arm and toes because of blood clots/infections, you suffer a stroke which you're still recovering from, you lose mobility in your left arm, you spend almost 6 months in hospital, your weight drops from 13 stone down to about 7, oh and your Dad contracts it at virtually the same time as you and he dies while you're in hospital, so you don't even find out about it until you're out of your coma and well enough so that the shock doesn't send you back into one.

I'm sure he'd trade all that just to be able to lie back and hate the world.

And that was flu :shock:

Yep. Albeit a particularly nasty strain. There were two separate occasions early on when the doctors were unsure as to whether or not he'd make it for another 24 hours.

People can be so dismissive when it comes to flu, and so many people use 'flu' as the reason they're ill when in fact they just have a bad cold/virus. That being said, flu for the most part is nowhere near as bad as what I described in my previous post - however there's always the chance that it could be and having seen first-hand what it can do to a previously incredibly healthy individual (and his family - don't forget that the same strain of flu killed his Dad) it's brought home the importance of having that little jab once a year.

legrandefromage":31uqdezd said:
But the jab only covers one or two strains. It is not a cure all.

I'd rather be protected against one or two strains than none at all.

Fortunately, they are able to predict which strains of flu will be the most prevalent each year, and the flu jab for each year changes to reflect that so there's a fair chance that the jab will protect you against the most popular types of flu each time. It's a no brainer for me.

normally MTFU has/is never an issue for me unless you count the time i ......... {No i cannot say it on here,as it is bound to offend someone in these days of PC :| :|
Any how after been grounded for over a week I am starting to move again. Reckon i need more MTFU pills. Off to the local HB store to get some......PAL

I got to know the term as I had fitted a rear mudguard. First time I got to use it. Gave me a frisson of down with the kids cutting edge interweb speak.

Good to know you're feeling better. Was beginning to loose sleep. :LOL:

Back