The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
stauqmuk":ot923t8t said:
Any ideas on this Suntour Electronic Shifting System (AKA Browning BEAST)? Its been sitting in a box (not its box) in the basement of the shop I work in. I found it while digging through some junk last night and I'd never seen one before. MOMBAT dates it around 1990 and the patents are from 1979. The crank its self is in excellent shape but the plastic selector button is made of awfully thin plastic which has some cracks in it and the actual button face is gone, the metal button is still there and functional but the plastic face must have disintegrated at some point. I was amazed that the battery is still charged to some degree. I was poking at the buttons and the solenoid was jumping a little.

So like the thread asks; whats it worth?

I don't think I've ever seen one of those for sale...tough one to price, though I'm curious what it would go for. Throw it on ebay with a high reserve, and let's answer this question.

btw, great quote in your sig :LOL:

stauqmuk":18kupiwx said:
Any ideas on this Suntour Electronic Shifting System (AKA Browning BEAST)? Its been sitting in a box (not its box) in the basement of the shop I work in. I found it while digging through some junk last night and I'd never seen one before. MOMBAT dates it around 1990 and the patents are from 1979. The crank its self is in excellent shape but the plastic selector button is made of awfully thin plastic which has some cracks in it and the actual button face is gone, the metal button is still there and functional but the plastic face must have disintegrated at some point. I was amazed that the battery is still charged to some degree. I was poking at the buttons and the solenoid was jumping a little.

So like the thread asks; whats it worth?

About £65

Bontrager 1992 Race Lite OR frame - what's it worth

What's it worth? Here are some pix.
DSC00164.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

1997 GT ZAskar 18" Frame

Hi
I have a 1997 18" GT Zaskar (None Disc Mount) v brake frame in Ball Burnished Red. Just the feame nothing else. It is an original Genuine American made frame.
If anyone can tell me what they are worth I'd be very greatfull! I'm a bit scared of putting it on ebay.
Many thanks

Attachments

• PC174207.JPG
    PC174207.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 2,276
  • PC174208.JPG
    PC174208.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 2,276
Splatter Paint":gs32zs0d said:
£60-80 for the Zaskar frame? I think the red is a love it or hate it preference which will affect the price in my opinion.

SP

Agreed, also the later ones with the fat downtube are not as desireable as earlier slim ones.

Hope and Deore hubs on Mavic 251 rims?

hi-i cant find much info about these...sorry for pic quality,my cameras crude,they look better in the flesh.Im going to sell them as a pair,theyre in great nick and deadset true,so what,obviously,do y'all think they cost new and what are they worth now?and whats the capital of Retinda?....much ta for any help,i love thee all... :?

Attachments

• hasefc 272.jpg
    hasefc 272.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 2,114
  • hasefc 273.jpg
    hasefc 273.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 2,114
  • hasefc 270.jpg
    hasefc 270.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 2,114
  • hasefc 277.jpg
    hasefc 277.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 2,114
Re: Hope and Deore hubs on Mavic 251 rims?

mullinino":3c61s8xp said:
hi-i cant find much info about these...sorry for pic quality,my cameras crude,they look better in the flesh.Im going to sell them as a pair,theyre in great nick and deadset true,so what,obviously,do y'all think they cost new and what are they worth now?and whats the capital of Retinda?....much ta for any help,i love thee all... :?

If the front hub is crack free (check spoke holes and flanges) around £100 (dont know new cost), if the front hub is cracked, a lot less.

I disagree, as a wheel set together I would have thought £80 max. The front wheel being the most interesting of the 2 and that not exactly rare. The Rear hub is basic and modern and unlikely to fetch a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back