How much is my bike worth as thinking of upgrading - Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 2011

ferris bueller

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

I'm thinking of selling my Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Hardtail (Red and white with red rims) after buying it back in 2011. The bike is immaculate and still has all the original groupset, wheels etc and even the original tyres so has had very little use. Frame has no marks whatsoever.

How much would it be now? Trying to work out whether it's worth selling and upgrading to a FS or keep it as a second bike.

Will try and upload some photos when I can as the bike is in storage.

Year, frame material - steel , m2, m4, m5 etc, originality, spec, size, condition- all factors that affect value.

Photos tell the story better. If you're having trouble shrinking them use screenshots.

Thanks Marky

Frame is alloy M5, totally original down to the tyres, Mix of SRAM X7 & X9, 17.5" medium frame and totally as new.

Even have the manual and pack etc.

Will upload photo's shortly.

That's in really good nick. Your difficulty is two fold: secondhand bikes aren't holding their value due to inflation/pandemic buyer's remorse meaning the market is pretty saturated - and yours is sadly, just outside the modern era for mountain bikes. Things like geometry, wheel size etc have changed a lot since around 2015. Personally, I'd keep it if I was in your situation and it was an option.

That's in really good nick. Your difficulty is two fold: secondhand bikes aren't holding their value due to inflation/pandemic buyer's remorse meaning the market is pretty saturated - and yours is sadly, just outside the modern era for mountain bikes. Things like geometry, wheel size etc have changed a lot since around 2015. Personally, I'd keep it if I was in your situation and it was an option.
Thanks Greencat. Don’t have the space sadly

It's a good bike, but you'd struggle to get about £200 for that complete.

It's not desirable as a retrobike and modern bikes have moved on so much that it seems very out dated.

If you really want to sell then I'd split it down and sell on eBay. The forks would probably go for £100 by themselves .

It’s really good condition but as others have said: just outside the retro era (which for me is probably 2005, because of konas and Specialized) and just below the modern date, which I’d say is 2015. Your bike is in that sort of grey area of the 2000s

What I would do, stick it on eBay with a reserve or not, and see what it fetches. A one owner history does give it a higher value with the manuals and everything.

You’d probably get better valuations in the 1998+ what’s my XYZ worth thread

It’s really good condition but as others have said: just outside the retro era (which for me is probably 2005, because of konas and Specialized) and just below the modern date, which I’d say is 2015. Your bike is in that sort of grey area of the 2000s

What I would do, stick it on eBay with a reserve or not, and see what it fetches. A one owner history does give it a higher value with the manuals and everything.

You’d probably get better valuations in the 1998+ what’s my XYZ worth thread

Thanks for the reply. How do I move this to the other forum thread? Not the techy sadly.

Back