The Kili is back!

Gravy Monster":2fq5btb2 said:
They are all at it ! Saracen are even selling retro t-shirts :cool:

saracen-retro-large.jpg

http://www.saracen.co.uk/shop/tshirts/saracen-retro

I do rather prefer the original 1992 jersey when riding my 92 Kili Racer.

Saracen-Jersey-2.jpg
Saracen-Jersey-1.jpg
Saracen92cat.jpg

I do also rather like the look of the new fillet brazed frames and I'd be very tempted by a frame only option.

That "Blue" is very much this seasons "Black". See also the Pace fillet brazed frame.

I have to admit that both look stunning... and it's great to see such things being built in the UK be they prototypes or not.

The new Ariel full suss on STW also looks interesting - good on you Saracen and Madison for rejuvinating the brand.

I'm going to buy one ;) Frame that is, also intergrated head sets are fine. I have 1 in my global and its worked for 2 years and still going strong.

DM":xfuih0nf said:
Easy_Rider":xfuih0nf said:
Saracenized i believe is the word used now, it's what Halfords do to brands.

Also: Kona, GT, Boardman, Raleigh...

It's 50:50, though - Those brands CHOSE to allow their stuff to be flogged at Halfords. They can't complain if their brand image then plummets to "bargain basement" levels.

(Nice new frame, though)

Im confused at the halfords comment.....? the retro saracens that people on here are riding, kiliflyers, e-stays, even the early models with U-brakes front and rear (late 80s early 90s models), halfords sold by the 100s back in the day,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not just the later years, when the saracen decided to cash in on the cheaper end of the market with its cheap full suspension bikes, which then started to see a decline in the kudos of the brand name.

as for the new model... fillet brazed, uk made, nice colour....good luck and bloody good effort in my book....!!!!! :cool:

Back