The Kili is back!

What about this t**t #

4 » ooOOoo - October 12th, 2009

Urrgh the old school look is nasty

What a jockey! What is old school about this bike, it doesn't look much different to a cotic or on-one!!!!!

Anyway i think it looks sexy as hell, not too sure about graphics but mmmmmm

If they'd gone with the original graphics and a regular headset that would be a contender :)

Looks a nice enough bike but aren't these brands just cashing in on their heritage by issuing a new bike, albeit steel, but using a name from the past - Clockwork, Explosif, Kili Flyer etc. Can a modern steel Stumpjumper (rather than the strange modernised reissue of a couple of years ago) be far away? And I'll not mention the sacriledge of the non ti FS Hei Hei!

Nothing wrong with the new bikes at all, look very tidy but, bar the name, how much connection do they actually have with the early 90s ones?

You're a grumpy old lot! This is a great bike, Tange Prestige fillet-brazed in Eastbourne with proper geometry for a 120 fork is nothing to moan about. I think they're absolutely right to call it a Kili, what else would Saracen call such a bike? And of course it's got an integrated headset, people didn't stop having good ideas in 1997!

Saracen have obviously survived by selling cheap and rather crude stuff, but I think its great that they're trying out the market for a fillet-brazed in the UK steel bike. Just a pity they're not using Reynolds 853, but then Orange do that.

Anthony":fcyvp2pa said:
You're a grumpy old lot! This is a great bike, Tange Prestige fillet-brazed in Eastbourne with proper geometry for a 120 fork is nothing to moan about. I think they're absolutely right to call it a Kili, what else would Saracen call such a bike? And of course it's got an integrated headset, people didn't stop having good ideas in 1997!

Saracen have obviously survived by selling cheap and rather crude stuff, but I think its great that they're trying out the market for a fillet-brazed in the UK steel bike. Just a pity they're not using Reynolds 853, but then Orange do that.

I'd agree with your first point about being a grumpy old lot ;) It is good to see a formerly proud UK brand trying to move back into high end stuff after a few years in the 'wilderness'. Although now it's part of Madison I'm not sure what actual lineage it has back tothe original Warwick based outfit other than name.

Perhaps disagree on integrated headsets. Heard bad things about them on mtbs, quite telling a few manufacturers went integrated on road and mtb then back to regular...

The latest comment sounds interesting, hope he does put all the catalogues up :cool:

Just to set the record straight – this is our first Cr-Mo prototype.
Its hand made by Mark Reily of Enigma, in the UK, to our geoemtry and frame spec. So its not “just a rebadged” Enigma. We went to Enigma because they build first class frames and are trying to keep UK building skills alive.
Frames or bikes? Good question. We’re looking at both options + different colour options! The purple one looks very very nice but for me its the mint colour attached – How much did I want that bike when I was a nipper??!!? The colour of this one is from the 1988-89 catalog, all of which I am lucky to have on my desk lol.
Saracen never did a £60 full-susser for Halfords. And under Madsion the 2010 range will not be sold through Halfords.
Right, I guess I better get over to retrobike and get the saracen catalogs up.
Cheers
Simon

Easy_Rider":2tx81nnf said:
The latest comment sounds interesting, hope he does put all the catalogues up :cool:

Its hand made by Mark Reily of Enigma, in the UK, to our geoemtry and frame spec. So its not “just a rebadged” Enigma. We went to Enigma because they build first class frames and are trying to keep UK building skills alive.
Frames or bikes? Good question. We’re looking at both options + different colour options! The purple one looks very very nice but for me its the mint colour attached – How much did I want that bike when I was a nipper??!!? The colour of this one is from the 1988-89 catalog, all of which I am lucky to have on my desk lol.
Saracen never did a £60 full-susser for Halfords. And under Madsion the 2010 range will not be sold through Halfords.
Cheers
Simon

It does indeed. Simon, if you're out there email them in and we'll happily host them :xmas-big-grin:

John":1fd8iczg said:
Easy_Rider":1fd8iczg said:

Cheers
Simon

It does indeed. Simon, if you're out there email them in and we'll happily host them :xmas-big-grin:

Early Saracen catalogues...???! Is this the missing link that some of us have been looking for...? :?:

Fingers crossed.

Back