The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
p01.jpg

Re: From France...

Mr X":1rjck1yb said:
I'm not a fanatic collector roof filing my garage with old-stuff, I just want to own what I was drooling at when I was a teen.

thats what we all want :) , problem is there was loads of nice stuff we wanted as teens :LOL:

Welcome ;) (and nice breezer BTW)

Re: From France...

Mr X":krqn1fc6 said:
Please appologize my English spelling and potential grammatical mistakes.

Well your English is far better than a lot of the English so no need for an apology :)

Really nice Breezer and welcome

Hi, I`m new here.

I`ve just started to get back into mountain biking, got my bike out of the shed pumped the tyres up and went for a ride (bought a new seat following week :) )
My bike is an Orange prestige, in satin black, original orange forks, mavic m7cd rims with xt hubs, xt rear mech, deore front mech i think (i`ll have to check) use seatpost, i did have a kona titanium racing seat on but that nearly crippled me (much older and heavier now), answer atac stem, x-lite 535 strait bars, x-lite stubby bar ends, I still have my old lx crank on, I was waiting for x-lite to bring out a crank but then had to stop buying bike bits as a mortgage got in the way.
Ive been looking to get a new bike, but to get a nice light xc bike with reasonable parts I`ll have to spend a small fortune.
Anyway hello to everyone, and i`ll get a couple of pics up soon.

Welcome. Couldn't help looking at the back ground of your pictures. :shock: You have Sunshine and dry hard pack ground. You lucky chap

hello

Hi people,just found this goldmine of a forum and had to join,
im steve,i used to do the odd cc race when i first bought my first mtb about 92 it was a cannondale something 500,cant remember the name of it but it was black with like white paint splashed all over it,excellent frame ,at the time they were about £600 for the frame and forks,rigid obviously but got my whole bike for £575 :LOL: obviously the other parts were not brilliant so upgraded as i went but then the manitou ht came out and after selling the cannondale for £325 3ish years old i bought myself a 1993 16"ht and raced on for a few more years after that and ive still got the bike not in perfect condition but not bad really,iwas thinking of getting some new forks for it as my 3s had stopped working but iwas told i cant fit any new forks on it because of the 1"1/4 steerer,is this true is there nothing that can be done??
Anyway so i thought id strip mine down over the weekend and finished taking all the bits off i could and shock horror both the bottoms of the internal stanchions are split and obviously the elastomers are shot,but have spoke to slim about these already,any advice will be appreciated and il try and get some pics up soon.

cheers steve

Re: hello

spwd":2x87v6pa said:
i was thinking of getting some new forks for it as my 3s had stopped working but iwas told i cant fit any new forks on it because of the 1"1/4 steerer,is this true is there nothing that can be done??

You can get headtube reducers to take it from a 1-1/4 headtube to a 1-1/8.

have a look on SJS cycles.

.....................and welcome ;)

cheers mate for that ordered some,but why doesnt everybody know about these things?evans cycles in nottingham said they could do it but they didnt tell me about these spacers,halfords said they may be able to do it but again didnt say anything about spacers and leisurelakes said there was absolutely no way of doin it :roll:

thanks again

steve

some shops are more interested in selling you a new bike. SJSC dont do mountain bikes at all anymore (BITD they were a cannondale dealer, where i spent many an hour drooling) and as such, their interest is more in what they *can* sell you

No body told me about shims. Not even on this site. I was spending hours hunting for 1'' stems. Then i saw that 'Moots' stems came with shims!!?? then i did a yahoo and found UKBikestore sold shims and AWcycles Reading sold them. Now no problems over stems size :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back