The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link to the other thread, there's a picture of the DBR model.

Glade I upgraded back to marzoochi forks (it had rock shox when I bought it) although that was completely unintentional

Attachments

• dbr.JPG
    dbr.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 9,363
New guy from USA

I like to say hello to everyone here. My name is Joe and I'm from California.
I have a small collection of vintage mountain bikes that I still ride at the local trails.I started riding mountain bikes in 1987.Prior to that,I rode track bikes.
I see some familiar names here so this should be a cool place to visit.
Here's my oldest bike.It's a 1983 Specialized Stumpjumper with Ground Control tires. This bike gets plenty of riding time at my local trail. It's a great bike for riding the trails and riding around town.

Attachments

• Stumpjumper02.jpg
    Stumpjumper02.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 3,407
  • Stumpjumper01.jpg
    Stumpjumper01.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 3,407
From France...

Hi there,

Quick introduction in this mandatory room before jumping on others. I'm a member of the French Old-School site Sk1de... I'm pretty sure I did trade with some of you guys via the eBay thing.

Xavier (yeah, that explains the X), aged 32, MTBiking since 1989, now in the carwash industry after 10 years in the bike industry.

Living now in Orléans after 5+ years in the Netherlands and 3+ years in the North of France.

Please appologize my English spelling and potential grammatical mistakes.

Owner of recent stuffs like Yeti ASR-SL-Carbon, a Look 585, a Cinelli Unica, a Lapierre V-Procezs Red-Lite, a Stevens X8, ... I did put my finger in the old-school-thing back in 2003 when I started what I called "my M900 project".

I ended up in building alone a Breezer Lightning from 1995 with genuine and virgin M900 grouppo. Took me some time, and once completed I was surprised to see that I wasn't the only one chasing for old-stuff.

I'm not a fanatic collector roof filing my garage with old-stuff, I just want to own what I was drooling at when I was a teen.

My new project is a Ritchey P21-Team currently in re-painting process. Will take me probably two years before it's completed, but I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back