The "HOW NOT TO ASSEMBLE A RETROBIKE" Thread.

Re: Re:

CassidyAce":3pqtqgx3 said:
To be fair to the seller, it's listed as a 'retro frame' not a 'retro bike'.

Having said that, the only parts I don't like are the price and, actually, the frame. I don't much care if anyone else shares that view but, equally, I think sinnerman ought to be able to express his opposite view.

I saw the price and the size of the rear cassette, the modern groupset, the Carbon Fork, and wondered WHY....

I fully appreciated others would disagree, especially if i said it, but expressing a conflicting opinion is fine, that's the point an open debate on a RETRO bike forum.

Snob, No, Puzzled Yes.

Re:

sinnerman":sq2n7yve said:
CassidyAce":sq2n7yve said:
To be fair to the seller, it's listed as a 'retro frame' not a 'retro bike'.

Having said that, the only parts I don't like are the price and, actually, the frame. I don't much care if anyone else shares that view but, equally, I think sinnerman ought to be able to express his opposite view.

I saw the price and the size of the rear cassette, the modern groupset, the Carbon Fork, and wondered WHY....

I fully appreciated others would disagree, especially if i said it, but expressing a conflicting opinion is fine, that's the point an open debate on a RETRO bike forum.

Snob, No, Puzzled Yes.

Completely agree. And it is a very puzzling build. A passion for the bikes and their preservation is not really snobbery, either.

Re:

No matter the machine under consideration, 'Original' has its place, but then again, so does 'Upgraded".
IMHO, both are cool in their own way.

Attachments

• Original vs Upgraded, you choose.jpg
    Original vs Upgraded, you choose.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 394
Re: Re:

incorrigible":6ciupsmx said:
No matter the machine under consideration, 'Original' has its place, but then again, so does 'Upgraded".
IMHO, both are cool in their own way.

The replica Cobras (and later Originals) are the prefect flattery of the Original Model. ;)

But the real question is would you fit, big wide wheels, and components from a different Modern Car to your Classic Mk1 Cobra. This is probably a closer analogy, to this retrobike to be fair.

The only thing that's odd to me is the modern-style super-short stem which will upset the riding position.
Beyond that, it's a retromod, get over it? Unless you are some kind of mid-90's Amish, in which case why are you using the Internet anyway...

hamster":d0q28rtr said:
The only thing that's odd to me is the modern-style super-short stem which will upset the riding position.
Beyond that, it's a retromod, get over it? Unless you are some kind of mid-90's Amish, in which case why are you using the Internet anyway...

Not Amish, just Retro, (as he tootles off for a game of Pacman on the Atari). :D

I beg to differ. Saw him out the other day.

Attachments

• 3A689750-69B3-46B9-AC75-4CB786FC67A7.jpeg
    3A689750-69B3-46B9-AC75-4CB786FC67A7.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 320
Re:

If you think that's bad, wait till you see what I'm about to do to this......

Attachments

• orangeclockwork.jpg
    orangeclockwork.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 320

Latest posts

Back