The "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" discussion thread

So you're the resident troll. I get it now .I know why dont you try and get me banned .£40 is the most Ill educated guess estimation ive ever heard you must be way out of touch

It was what I honestly think it will go for, bearing in mind it will need new shifters and probably other work doing on it. No trolling intended.

Put it on Ebay and prove me wrong!

Incidentally, how would I get you banned? :cool:

I have replaced the shifters now and all its in mint condition no worn out faulty parts even has original tyres with no noticable wear looks like its been used a few times and left in a shed
if you can get me some more like that for £40 pm me and i'll buy as many as you can supply
I buy and sell 20 bikes a week from a skip company and i get minimum £40 for cheap builds once they are cleaned and repaired
this is one of the better ones and so i thought id ask here
No hard feelings but you're either trolling or havnt got a clue about 2nd hand bike market

leegillard":269fg32i said:
I have replaced the shifters now and all its in mint condition no worn out faulty parts even has original tyres with no noticable wear looks like its been used a few times and left in a shed
if you can get me some more like that for £40 pm me and i'll buy as many as you can supply
I buy and sell 20 bikes a week from a skip company and i get minimum £40 for cheap builds once they are cleaned and repaired
this is one of the better ones and so i thought id ask here
No hard feelings but you're either trolling or havnt got a clue about 2nd hand bike market
See the thing is, you came here asking for a valuation - and in the end are trying to play the expert card.

On the open market, locally, or on t'ebay you may, or may not fair better - but as to here, Chris makes a fair point - there's not a great deal of interest in hybrids, and in general, just because bikes are old, doesn't tend to make them terribly valuable - especially if they're just, really, quite normal, reasonable, unobtrusive bikes that are merely still around because nobody has scrapped them.

I can't say for sure, whether either £40 or £60 for here is accurate, or pessimistic - but there's a DB Ascent / Ascent EX that's been on ebay, recently, starting price of £40 BIN of £65, that nobody seems to have been in a panic to snap up - and at least here (which in fairness is where you asked) is more likely to be wanted, than a hybrid.

In short - you think it's worth loads more and can get it - then by all means, go to it. Suggesting that (by implication of asking here) that people here should value it more and it be uber desirable here may well be the result of unrealistic expectations.

edit: I probably don't need to ask this, you being an expert, and all, doing this all the time - but you mentioned v brakes, earlier, and replacing shifters - what you've replaced is compatible, isn't it? ie v brake levers with v brakes, cantis with canti brake levers?

Is it div season?

I could have sworn this thread was about the thread and not a valuation thread?

I think someone is confusing the second hand bike Market with quality retro bikes... Perhaps they need to go away and research the difference ... Perhaps in an Argos catalogue?

I got £60 for this and that was like pulling teeth

giant_explorer_1_341.jpg

1970s (I assume) Carlton Corsair

Carlton Corsair racer Brown and gold, good mechanical nick (Raleigh and Weinmann drivetrain and brakes/shifters, assumed to be original), new tyres. Brown leather / suedy saddle. Paint in good nick too, bottom inch or so of front mudguard snapped off but I still have it and it could be glued back on. Needs a couple of mudguard eyelets to fix mudguards properly but is a good ride as it is. No idea how much it is worth as other adverts I have trawled up don't seem to include a price. Not sure of frame size but fine for around 5'10" to 6' I would think.

Cheers

Re: user name I also have a Grisley mtb, but that ain't being sold!

Hmmm, I clicked the link to the what's xyz worth but see that it seems to be in the retro mtb bit...

answer manitou ?

how much are my answer manitou worth ? very good condition with unworn stantions
cheers in advance

Attachments

• proflex 856 complete 005.JPG
    proflex 856 complete 005.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 770
  • manit forks 004.JPG
    manit forks 004.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 770
Back