The Guardian...

The paper's bad enough (albeit it's a long time since I read it) but the online site and in particular the Comment section is beyond parody. And that's before the BTL comments start.

Last week they had an article on how a TV programme titled "Effects of gay culture in pop music" (IIRC) didn't have many contributions from lesbians, transgenders, or pansexuals(!WTF?). This was 'proven' with a list of performers 99% of people would literally never have heard of, never mind have had any chart success. Compared with Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, etc it seemed fair to focus on white gay men. Not in Guardianland.

To be fair even the comments section overwhelmingly agreed it was nonsense, but that's an exception to the rule.

So far I've avoided registering as I'd end up never sleeping, arguing their tax, spend, green, equality agenda all night.

I don't know why anyone reads the likes of The Guardian when there are sterling right wing offerings like the Sun On Sunday available.

'Mon the knuckledraggers!

The thing is HF that I find the Guardian as polarised in their views as the Daily Mail, The Sun seems moderate in comparison!

rosstheboss":diisrub2 said:
I can't stand it! A friend commented on this article on facebook and it came up in my newsfeed, so I thought I'd read it. It makes the Daily Mail look balanced, the comments are amazing too!

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ?CMP=fb_gu

You would rather no-one commented on the further erosion of our civil liberties?
Or is it that there weren't enough pictures for your liking?
Or the author doesn't agree with your cosy view of the world?

Perhaps the Guardian should just report on how the immigrants are stealing our jobs, and wives, and taxes etc, etc, etc.

Oh, hang on a minute. We have plenty papers doing that already!

There are not that many 'mainstream' papers these days that express any kind of veiw other than that of the centre-right or right wing politics. While I may not agree with everything in the Guardian, I'm glad it's still about.

But this has reminded me of a joke I read recently.

You are having lunch with a Banker and an immigrant. There are 12 biscuits for you to share, so the banker takes 11, gives you one, then tells you to be carefull, because the immigrant is eyeing up your biscuit!

Back