The Guardian...

it's a bit left wing for me personally, that said most of the typical right papers i don't like either. the mail, the sun, the express to me do nothing but scaremongering on every subject, it's like that scene out of "V for Vendetta" when the guy watching tv says "can you believe this?" and the general answer is no.

none of them are particularly impartial anymore, if they were in the first place. i only buy a paper when i go in for a nightshift, so 2 shifts a week, the rest of the time, it's the tv news and the bbc website.

but regarding comments on the internet, most are idiots, with a massive leaning view either way, the middle man never seems to comment.

firedfromthecircus":3n28hms8 said:
Perhaps the Guardian should just report on how the immigrants are stealing our jobs, and wives, and taxes etc, etc, etc.
The Guardian just substitutes immigrants for 'the rich' or 'the bankers'. Same drum, different beat.

The reason most papers and media outlets have a right wing bent is it appeals to more people. Nobody actually reads the Guardian. (And that's not me being facetious- its circulation is tiny).

I've not bought a paper in years, last one I bought regularly was the Scotsman though. I do read the Guardian and Mail online since the Times went paywall. Both are shocking in their own way. The standard of journalism at the Mail is diabolical but the Guardian give platforms to Monbiot, Milne and Toynbee so on balance I'll have the sidebar of shame thanks. Katie Price upskirt pap pics, yay.

I know it's bad form to reply to one's own post but I just skim read the article and it seems he's moaning about people not having the right to piss off others in public?

I can't for the life of me think why there haven't been protests.

yeah leave the multi nationals and bankers alone, its them benefits fraudsters we need to focus on. :roll:

Attachments

• 12371.jpg
    12371.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 166
You would rather no-one commented on the further erosion of our civil liberties?
It isn't - Don't be a twat in public and you won't get in trouble seems to be the gist.

Or is it that there weren't enough pictures for your liking?
Oh I must be ignorant by not liking The Guardian, silly me, I must be a knuckle dragging thug

Or the author doesn't agree with your cosy view of the world?
My view of the world is probably a lot more accurate than the view out of the coffee shop window over the top of the author's macbook.

rosstheboss":2rhgiz5w said:
You would rather no-one commented on the further erosion of our civil liberties?
It isn't - Don't be a twat in public and you won't get in trouble seems to be the gist.

Maybe you should read it again...

Charlieboy28":2vqpw2ys said:
yeah leave the multi nationals and bankers alone, its them benefits fraudsters we need to focus on. :roll:
Aye, there's nothing like a big scary and misleading graphic to sway the plebs.

Personally I'd go after benefit fraud every single time.

technodup":3l2dk1uw said:
Charlieboy28":3l2dk1uw said:
Aye, there's nothing like a big scary and misleading graphic to sway the plebs.

Personally I'd go after benefit fraud every single time.

Couldn't we go after both?

Why would / should it have to be mutually exclusive?

Happy to go after benefit fraud and tax evasion.

That graphic tries to conflate legal and illegal acts and set them against benefit fraud as if a couple of billion isn't worth bothering about.

I think the reason people (understandably) get more pissed about benefits is they see it. They know someone who is milking it at their expense whereas tax evasion is much more discreet. Not to deflect from the issue but it's so many degrees of separation away from the man in the street it doesn't register.

Tax avoidance on the other hand should be encouraged in all it's forms both aggressive and otherwise. Anyone who disagrees is a fool imo.

Back