The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

Re: Re:

Twister":2ab309vu said:
My STS DS1000 frame has just turned up. Courtesy of Frasers super 24hr delivery.

I'm so excited I can't decide whether to build it or polish it!

Pics (and a proper build thread in the right place), to follow.

Am I right seat post clamp is 34.9?

Front mech is 31.8?

And what's the difference between the RS super deluxe and the RS coupe deluxe rear shocks?

Thanks
Matt
Looks wise, the super deluxe has wide top/can above the trunnion thread which has a blue compression adjuster. The rest is fairly similar between them, with a rebound adjuster at the bottom end.

Why not try polishing it a bit, then build it, polish it some more, and repeat the latter many times. It's what I do with mine, haven't got around to riding them yet :oops:

If anyone is after a rear shock For a Lts or sts if got a few for sale

I've got

3 x 98/99 super deluxe
1 x 97 Lts/sts dh super deluxe
3 x 97-99 Coupe Deluxe

I've also got mounts,nut,bolts and a huge box of bits.
I can service your shock if you want

Dave

Re:

Starting a proper build thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=363213

Interested in other people's experiences of stem length/rise.

I'm starting with a 100mm 5 degree rise, but I've seen a couple of 15 degree rise Thomson's of different lengths.

Any opinions welcome.

Re: Re:

Twister":2vxqqegl said:
Starting a proper build thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=363213

Interested in other people's experiences of stem length/rise.

I'm starting with a 100mm 5 degree rise, but I've seen a couple of 15 degree rise Thomson's of different lengths.

Any opinions welcome.

Can you tell me what the seatpost size is please?

I measure about 31. something or other and the STS-1000 links says 31.6mm?

Ta.

Mines a 31.6 on the later type, 27.0 on the older ones with the external seat tube mounting.

legrandefromage":2thb6hhm said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTB-GT-LTS-for-sale-/142276309704?hash=item21205432c8:g:E-wAAOSwjDZYaoIo

Rear brake looks a little dangerous. This would be an earlier frame that does not have clearance for v-brakes.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back