The Cannock Turkey Twizzler ~ 27/12/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? V brakes suspension and everything?

Am I going to be in trouble again? This is in the car...

66e8c9f5fc826cd6ba714437f0f6dae3_zpsaec3bdba.jpg

Or do I wimp out and bring?

1f7efab63dd9c7603a1890765e86b76c_zps050291e2.jpg

The History Man":1e4mo1cv said:
What? V brakes suspension and everything?

Bow down before the heady 63mm of travel, and now't wrong with V's - both beat the pre '97 rule, though real reason is...it's the only one currently "ready to goish", not riding round on a '63 road bike, or something way more modern, like a '02 Sub5.

The History Man":1e4mo1cv said:
Am I going to be in trouble again?

Nah, did it on my rigid Explosif the last two years.

Re:

Worried I am not going to make it now with the weather! Got a couple of inches already and still falling in Bradford:-(

Re:

We'll in have spent an hour putting a new cassette and chain on the bike. Also found the brake bolts all loose and the cables stiff.
And to think it has only sat unused for 6 months.
Only an inch of snow here but I still fell over putting bits in the car.
Now contemplating a tyre with some actual tread on it to be fitted in the morning..

Last ridden on a 91 cindercone fully rigid with cantis....with no problems, however given the choice History Man I'd go for the Explosif.

Re:

I'm out now. Everything been against me, what with bottom bracket, snow and now coughing and sneezing, thanks to my four sprogs! When is the next ride likely to be as will have to do that one? Have a great ride! Was so looking forward to it.

Well that's not very adventurous. Where's the snow? Nothing here this morning. The Dawes it is, despite the longthness. I hope you'll all be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back