The Budget.

Re:

I don't think that is a tremendous number of times to vote, and certainly as it is not mandatory. You could always opt for a postal vote if you can't be arsed leaving the scheme to visit the local primary school, town hall or whatever.

Personally I love voting. I feel validated, and I can virtue signal by talking to the ugly birds in the polling station.

Did the budget have anything for cyclists?

I reckon it is time bicycles were given more tax breaks, and citizens more tax incentivise to use them.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3oniet82 said:
I don't think that is a tremendous number of times to vote, and certainly as it is not mandatory.
It is. Why? Because nothing ever happens, nothing ever completes. We're in a constant state of flux, mostly due to the refusal of the SNP to actually accept the results of the last two referendums. And all the while we're in this political stasis people suffer; the people who lost the argument, the people who won but are forced into it again, the EU people who don't know what's happening with their status, the businesses who don't know whether to risk investment.

It's only the council ones this time. My ward is the only one in Glasgow with a Tory councillor. Which would normally be good news, but I'll not be voting for him as he's married to the republican and all round wrong 'un Natalie McGarry, charged with fraud and formerly of the SNP.

So I'll be lending my vote to Labour. Go Jez.

Back