The Budget.

tintin40":1kb9hgti said:
In the end, despite all the rhetoric from the Tories, this was a budget that will solve very little - even for the rich, let alone the rest of us.
You expected a budget to solve something? Why?

The colour of the party matters not. Budgets are about tinkering, making political moves and achieving very little. The Tories feel they can pump the self employed as they are well away from an election, which they'd win anyway. They'll give something back nearer the time.

Frankly I can't see the point. We should have less government. Fewer politicians. Less 'investment'. Because as is plain to see we can't pay our bills. Bills various governments have racked up giving us things we like which will encourage us to vote for them.

But as long as politicians are self serving spineless shitebags we'll be spending more than we have, kicking the NHS issue down the road, kidding on everyone needs a degree, and all the other stuff which they don't have the balls to address properly and honestly, e.g. immigration, housing etc. And that's all sides, as if Corbyn's answer of 'spend more' is going to address any fundamentals. And as for the SNP and their various bribes...

I expect absolutely **** all from any government. Start from that base and you'll be less disappointed.

what do politicians know about money ? they are overpaid con artists.
i'd love to see a politician live on a typical working persons wage.

Re:

I wonder how many of the people who find it easy to label them all spineless and self-serving con-artists actually know any politicians? Bit of a sweeping generalisation isn't it?

Re: Re:

Harryburgundy":15kqg9j7 said:
I wonder how many of the people who find it easy to label them all spineless and self-serving con-artists actually know any politicians? Bit of a sweeping generalisation isn't it?

Couldn't agree more. If your not happy with them then join a party and make a difference.

Harryburgundy":r53bjxqb said:
Hardly. Politicians exist to do politics. I want less politics, and less government.

But getting politicians to do less, or to reduce their number is nigh on impossible. Why? Because turkeys don't vote for Xmas. When was the last time a politician voted to get rid of their seat, or to reduce their department, or to shorten their term? I don't doubt some think they are doing 'good things', but I believe most of these 'good things' are at best ineffective and at worst a total waste of resources. For example, fiddling with tax rates, endlessly changing schools policy or constant reorganisations of police or NHS. If they did nothing for 10 years, would we notice anything different? Would we be worse off? Would we save money?

Only this week we've had a main plank of the budget reversed and a spiteful wee boot wanting to rerun a major vote we had only two years ago. Is it any wonder I want less of this crap?

tintin40":r53bjxqb said:
If your not happy with them then join a party and make a difference.
Absolutely not. I said less politics.

The rest of you can put your faith in them if you like. I'll see to myself.

Re:

Yeah, 'at best ineffective and a waste of resources' work like the Coersive Control Act recently introduced after years of hard work by MP Elfyn Llwyd. What a lazy, self-serving leech.
One of many examples, I really can't be arsed to list them all. As usual, this thread is light on facts and heavy on banal stereotyping and political naivety.

Harryburgundy":2bh1zyez said:
Yeah, 'at best ineffective and a waste of resources' work like the Coersive Control Act recently introduced after years of hard work by MP Elfyn Llwyd. What a lazy, self-serving leech.
One of many examples, I really can't be arsed to list them all. As usual, this thread is light on facts and heavy on banal stereotyping and political naivety.

Is that because we're on a site about bicycles?

Aren't there other forums for politics, economics, baking, snail racing etc? When I want to discuss or gain views such matters I go elsewhere. I was once drawn into a debate on rhubarb cake on here but now I avoid such contentious issues. People don't seem to be able to play nicely.

Back