The BMX Introduce Yourself Here Thread

Box fresh!

New to the forum always loved bmx my 1st was a late 80s raleigh duno exactly which it was it was given to me lol been from flat to street to s/park just got a 1999 dyno slammer that im interested in finding more about aswell all i know is it was trevor myers machine back in the day i wanted one back then when i was on a 96 compe. Had a little read through and a nosey at some pics and now i want something with skyways! :) i want something with skyways! :)

New to the Forum from Los angeles was a collector years ago currently building a Cook Bros 20" 1st gen

welcome in bro ;)

got any old pic's you would like to share ;)

CB parts $$$$

show pic's of the build so far in a thread please ;) we love pic's

cheers B ;)

Hiya, just joined the forum. My names Mark, but everyone calls me Skid. Loved bmx's since I saw ET as a kid. First bmx I had was a Falcon Pro Beta S, my Mum and Dad bought it for me after making me promise I would ride it as they thought 14 was a bit old to riding a bike that small :LOL:

Other bikes I've had include an IronHorse Dirt Burner, weighed an absolute ton.

Chrome Raleigh Burner (round tube not oval)

Red Raleigh Burner (Oval Tubing)

And a couple of unknown f+f that I built up.

Stopped riding when I got to 20, as I felt "Too Old to riding a bike that small"

Then mid 90's I got the bug again, bought a black Dyno Zone.

Sold it to my brother when I fell in love with the GT Tour, and bought a Tour 2. Rode the shit out of it, couldn't break it, it broke me. I slipped coming out of the top of a 9 foot steel 1/4 pipe. Landed on the flat, on the front wheel, and broke my elbow, didn't even buckle the bloody wheel. Sold the bike not long after as I didn't feel comfortable riding it afterwards.

And that was that, until...

The bloody bug bit me again when I was talking to one of my brothers about his Mountain Bike. I told him he should have bought a GT, and that night I found myself looking on ebay for a new bmx.

Picking it up tomorrow, a chrome 2001 GT Grind.

Welcome in Skid ;)

great to hear a background on you and i guess most of us have taken a "hi nice to meet you ground"

raleigh bikes - round tube is a MK1 and overl is a MK2

when the 90's came in the bikes got heavy but i guess the same weight as a burner mk1 :LOL: made us tough kids :twisted:

get some pic's up of the new ride :cool:

make your self at home here and get to me some of the other members - ask as many questions as you need ;)

cheers B ;)

Hi all,

From Edinburgh, been riding Street and park (mainly Livi) since the early/mid 90s after finding MTB to expensive! during the “dark days” there was a few of us back then but glad to see the scene is booming all over the place now :D

Getting older so the riding has calmed down a bit,got back into MTB again but still like to ride. I got rid of my more modern Proper Hudini steed for a 97 Challenger this summer :D great for the local skatepark and a bit of street

Bellow, me Bristo Square about 94' on an old Kuwahara freestyler with double down and top tubes (was crap for riding home in the rain!) bought for £15!!
ahh the good old days.. :cry: :LOL:

Attachments

• challenger_small.jpg
    challenger_small.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 4,177
  • dawg_03.jpg
    dawg_03.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4,177
Hiya from Doncaster

Started riding BMX in 1983 on a Falcon Pro Zeta progressing onto a GT and then a Curtis. Gave up as I discovered girls and joined the RAF.

Started riding again as an adult in 1993 on a Haro Shredder then a Wilkerson Airlines, S&M Holmes and finally a Hoffman Taj. Used to ride with the Bristol Cider Riderz in Bristol, Bath, Swindon etc. Mainly rode Dirt, Street and Park. Used to be quite good and even entered a couple of contests.

Gave up in about 2003 as I was suffering with Shin Splints, started to ride MTB freeride and downhill on a Cannondale F1000 and then a Trek Liquid 20.

I currently have a collection of original '60's/'70's Schwinn Stingrays, a 1987 Falcon Scorpio road bike, a 1983 Falcon Pro Zeta BMX, a 1998 Dyno Compe BMX and a 1998 Ruption TX5 BMX.

Cheers

Hi there and welcome in both of you - although the site has more MTB pages you have made the right choice and gone BMX :twisted:

love the pic there :twisted:
Liv is a well known place in the old mags and I never got to go there but always wanted to

what was the Kuwi you had there ? still got it ?

bones i went to buy a couple of burners from a guy about a year or so ago and in his garage was a couple of stingrays and a couple of choppers - nice guy but didn't want to let them go :cry:

well in both of you ;)

cheers B ;)

Hi,

Just found the forum from a link on another forum. After a retro 2009 Haro Freestyler or maybe 2006 Haro Freestyler Sport.

I don't really like the way the newage bikes don't have brakes, and the seats seem useless, so would like to find one of the above, although they seem thin on the ground!

Hi,

Just found the forum from a link on another forum. After a retro 2009 Haro Freestyler or maybe 2006 Haro Freestyler Sport.

I don't really like the way the newage bikes don't have brakes, and the seats seem useless, so would like to find one of the above, although they seem thin on the ground!

Back