The Barron that isn`t. Opinions sought as to what it is

so common sense,which in my case is usually wrong would say an italian frame built for other europeon countrys
DD 57 is that the fr size last number 9 how many off[made] of that size / dd its post june 6th 1944

Cant help with ID but the SLX tubing has conical/spiral rifling reinforcing on the ends of the main tubes and STX has different profile conical/spiraling rifling reinforcing that runs the full length of the main tubes.
Might Help

Jamie

Many thanks for all your advice guys, I would like to convince myself that it is Italian (and therefore as cool as it can get) but the only thing that stops me is the English bottom bracket thread, the Italians wouldn`t do that would they :shock:

At the end of the day it is lovely to ride and so much smoother than my Boardman Carbon so I am well happy with it

Next project might be to paint it but I enjoy riding it so much I don`t want to take it to bits again! and I do fancy a 753 frame as well, Italian or Raleigh?

Jamiedyer":3wjqd9lf said:
Cant help with ID but the SLX tubing has conical/spiral rifling reinforcing on the ends of the main tubes and STX has different profile conical/spiraling rifling reinforcing that runs the full length of the main tubes.
Might Help

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, do you mean TSX?

Chain hanger button type things were pretty common, I've seen them on all makes of frame from Raleigh to Viner

Seat stays look italian - ish to me

Shaun.

Back