The Almost all (un)original 95' Kona Lava Dome!

Thanks for the kind words! Just waiting on bars and grips and I'll cable it up ready for a test ride.

Pretty much done. I'm tempted to put a 1x drivetrain on, but we'll see.

wkrSVhW.jpg

cdY388j.jpg

That's looking great. I really like that, damn these steel Konas! Why can't I be satisfied with 3 of them? I want a Lavadome now lol.
How does the ride compare to your '97 Cindercone? I have one of those so can relate to that, im hoping you say its the same lol

That's looking great. I really like that, damn these steel Konas! Why can't I be satisfied with 3 of them? I want a Lavadome now lol.
How does the ride compare to your '97 Cindercone? I have one of those so can relate to that, im hoping you say its the same lol
I'll be honest, i really struggle to feel any difference between any steel Kona, with a similair build of course. I've ridden thousands of miles on them since my first in 95.

The biggest difference was the 95 Explosif. I can't pin point why, it might be just psychological, or it might be that columbus tube set, in that size. I really really regret selling mine, i've tried to get it back but the guy i sold it too hasn't been active on here since 2020.

I haven't ridden this one yet, but fully expect it to be a lot of fun! Thanks for the comments

Latest posts

Back