Teenagers, is it just me

I grew up in the country as well as my siblings, even my foster sister and brother had no objections even though they had lived in the city for 12 years, my oldest son was happy, just like with my son we have said we'll always drive them to wherever they wish to go, she goes to her best friends for sleepovers and her friend comes here, there is a disadvantage in being so far away from town but living in the city can have serious problems for children too as it gives them the chance to get "with the wrong crowed" something that is harder to do if you have to walk 2 miles to catch a bus and 7 miles to reach town. If living in the country was bad for children then country schools would be full of insolent brats, at school she always get's excellent for behaviour at home I think she just want's to be an only child, she does resent having siblings, and not to be nagged about homework.

Alison

I'll caveat this by the fact we don't have any, our daughter is 5, but I was one as was my sister who often had world war 3 with my mother and just ignored everything she was told.

Everyone in a family has to be happy (or as can be) for a family to work, we were told this by a midwife who was also a qualified counsellor just after our daughter was born in difficult circumstances and I really believe it and means that everyone has to compromise, teenagers need to learn this at some point, the world cannot and will not revolve around them. It will come down to a battle of wills, good luck.

One thing that is a bit odd, is as I've said in another thread we now have a dining table and we eat there every evening and every eve she says "Do I have to eat at the table?" and groans about it, yet when we are all sat there, she's laughing and joking and appearing to thoroughly enjoy all the conversation and she is really nice to be with, in fact a total pleasure, so why she starts with a complaint about it I don't know

Ah children :D

Alison

Isaac_AG":2vuarl6r said:
twain":2vuarl6r said:
not being funny, or weird, but has she started menstruating?

She has yes, poor thing, I was hoping she'd be like me and have to weight till she was 20 but no she was 11. but I know not whether she becomes moody every month it just seams all the time, especially with her dad :( I get a kiss and a cuddle before she goes to school, she randomly tells me she loves me and gives me a hug, but she just has nothing nice to say or do as far as her father is concerned, yet he's the one that has kept everything together. Funny though, I think if it was a case of taking sides my oldest, a boy, would stand by his dad, even though he was a mummy's boy as a kid and my teenage daughter would be on mine, yet I'm the mad bad and dangerous to know of the family. She has also started to be quite horrid to her little brother and has always hated her younger sister

Alison

It sucks being a Dad sometimes, even if my Wife is the one to tell my kids off - at the end of the day I am always the one that the 'Horrible' one :(

It's just kids in general these days; think they know it all when in actual fact they know f*ck all...:roll:

It's all the parents' fault too; TV's, DVD players, computers, games consoles, you name it, all in their bedrooms. Eat what they want, when they want, where they want. So much 'pocket money' they have f*cking bank cards! Girls plastered in make up for school, wearing skirts so short you can tell whether they shave or not! (Not that I look you understand! :oops: )

But at the same time they have virtually no prospects, not a hope in Hell of ever getting on the housing ladder, surrounded by all manner of drugs in even the smallest village...

...thank f*ck I'm nearly dead and not just starting out! :facepalm:

We_are_Stevo":3o0bg5fd said:
It's just kids in general these days; think they know it all when in actual fact they know f*ck all...:roll:

It's all the parents' fault too; TV's, DVD players, computers, games consoles, you name it, all in their bedrooms. Eat what they want, when they want, where they want. So much 'pocket money' they have f*cking bank cards! Girls plastered in make up for school, wearing skirts so short you can tell whether they shave or not! (Not that I look you understand! :oops: )

But at the same time they have virtually no prospects, not a hope in Hell of ever getting on the housing ladder, surrounded by all manner of drugs in even the smallest village...

I'm afraid that does not describe any of my children and any of their lifestyles, they eat what I've cooked, proper food or go without and they most certainly don't have anything technical in there rooms, and as to pocket money they don't really get it, if they NEED anything then I'll get it, my daughter does not wear make up, doesn't have much interest in it and the school has regulation skirts and they are all the same length and your home if you arrive in anything but.

My first child has gone into a job that offers brilliant prospects, although I agree not many will have a hope of buying a property but that's so not the most important thing in life.

Alison

Isaac_AG":242hgcg0 said:
We_are_Stevo":242hgcg0 said:

I'm afraid that does not describe any of my children and any of their lifestyles, they eat what I've cooked, proper food or go without and they most certainly don't have anything technical in there rooms, and as to pocket money they don't really get it, if they NEED anything then I'll get it, my daughter does not wear make up, doesn't have much interest in it and the school has regulation skirts and they are all the same length and your home if you arrive in anything but.

My first child has gone into a job that offers brilliant prospects, although I agree not many will have a hope of buying a property but that's so not the most important thing in life.

Alison

It was only a very broad generalisation Al and no way directed at you and yours, though isn't somewhere to live usually top of everyone's list?

Back